Be a Valentine

"I've decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear." Martin Luther King Jr.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:13

Proclivity: “a tendency to choose or do something regularly; an inclination or predisposition toward a particular thing” New Oxford American Dictionary

Legends abound about who St. Valentine was, why exactly he was executed, and when he actually died. One common belief is that as a priest, he continued to marry couples even after Emperor Claudius II outlawed the practice because he believed single men make better soldiers than married men. Another belief is that he was killed for trying to help Christians escape from Roman prisons. Whatever the story, St. Valentine is known for losing his life defending love. How much could this world be changed if people developed a proclivity for love instead of rivalry, distrust, and hate? Like Dr. King, we could do so much good for ourselves and society by letting go of the burdensome load of hate and grabbing hold of the uplifting forces of love. Today may not be Valentines day. It may not be the day we officially celebrate love for one another. But isn't every day a good day to live with and for love. Today is a great day to start.

Daily Journaling Questions:

How did I helps someone in kindness today?

What did I learn today?

What am I thankful for?

Who did I love today?

What am I dreaming of?

What about today do I want to remember forever?

What are my goals for tomorrow?

Thanks for reading. I hope you love today.

Jake