Unrequited Love

“Moon River, wider than a mile, I'm crossing you in style some day. Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker, wherever you're going I'm going your way. 
Two drifters off to see the world. 
There's such a lot of world to see. We're after the same rainbow's end-- 
waiting 'round the bend, my huckleberry friend, Moon River and me.” Johnny Mercer

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. Romans 15:13

Unrequited: “(of a feeling, esp. love) not returned or rewarded” New Oxford American Dictionary

There is no better feeling than when another person who knows you better than any other accepts you and loves you. There are few feelings worse than when a person who knows you better than any other, rejects you and your love. These are emotions that can be produced in human relationships. People have an innate desire and hope to find a soulmate they can relate to, love, share their lives with, and adventure with. Yet so many times our love goes unrequited and our spirits are dashed on the shores of our “Moon River.” But there is one who knows us better than any person can, accepts us unconditionally, and loves us no matter what we do. Unfortunately His love for us many times is not reciprocated. In fact, it is impossible to requite God's love for us. When we think on the Cross and what God sent His only begotten Son, Christ, to do for us, it is unbelievable and consuming. Today our hearts might be breaking, or they might be celebrating as a result of our human relationships. But as gold is often used as a hedge against market investments, it is imperative that we hedge our love with the love of God, so that no matter what happens to us here on earth, our spirits cannot be destroyed.

Daily Journaling Questions:

How did I help someone today?

What act of kindness did I perform today?

What did I learn today?

Who did I love today?

What about today do I want to remember forever?

What are my goals for tomorrow?

Thanks for reading.

Jake