What is Your Weakness?

“If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.” Ferdinand Porsche

My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26

Paucity: “the presence of something only in small or insufficient quantities or amounts; scarcity” New Oxford American Dictionary

I think we all know we're gonna fail from time to time. I remember when I was going to college to be a pilot. The classwork was easy for me, flying the airplane wasn't hard either. So at the end of the quarter when I had to take the private pilots written test I went in confidently; but when I received the results from the test it turned out I had failed. My instructor told me he though I had the wrong test booklet to go with the computerized questions. Whatever the reason I was crushed by the results of the test. I had hardly failed at anything up to that point and I couldn't believe what had happened. But I will never forget what a friend said to me after I told him what happened. He said to me, “whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger.” Now I'm sure you've heard that saying before, as have I, but from that point on, I not only remembered the statement, but have tried to apply it to my life. I still hate to fail, however I realize I have a paucity of intelligence and skill at certain things, and that failure results in more learning than any successful accomplishment ever could. Let's try to realize our imperfections, use them to drive ourselves to learn, sharpen our skills, and seek wisdom from God. Then we will be more prepared to challenge ourselves, face failure, and build upon our character, to ensure future successes.

Daily Journaling Questions:

How did I help someone today?

What act of kindness did I perform today?

What did I learn today?

Who did I love today?

What about today do I want to remember forever?

What are my goals for tomorrow?

Thanks for reading.

Jake