Consider the Source

"Be somebody who makes things happen. How? In the words of a famous shoe manufacturer:" "Just do it!"
Glenn Van Ekeren

The unfolding of your words gives light; it imparts understanding to the simple. Psalm 119:130

Detractor: “a person who disparages someone or something” New Oxford American Dictionary

Life is full of criticisms, blame, and mockery; and it is easy to be deeply affected by them. Christians sometimes get made fun of for their faith, leaders are often criticized for their decisions, and everybody is blamed for something during their lives. All these things can tend to tear our spirits down and cause us to hide away our skills, knowledge, and beliefs, in order to guard our feelings. But there is a way to guard our spirits that is productive and conducive to responsible living. “Consider the source,” is a phrase many of us have probably heard, but I don't know if we all take it to heart. Often the sources of criticism and mockery don't have the slightest clue of what they're talking about, and the realization that a certain judgement has no merit makes it's value insignificant. At the same time however, it is also important to identify sources that do carry a certain weightiness. We all will make mistakes and do things that aren't exactly advisable, especially if we strive for greatness. It's imperative that we have a source that is edifying to our thoughts and actions. No one gains much success without a mentor and leaders around the world tell of its value. In life, let's do our best to ignore would-be detractors and replace them with valuable mentors, and in doing so, lay a path for ourselves that is upward-leading instead of downward-drawing.

Daily Journaling Questions:

How did I help someone today?

What act of kindness did I perform today?

What did I learn today?

Who did I love today?

What about today do I want to remember?

What are my goals for tomorrow?

Thanks for reading.

Jake