Commit to Something

“Your commitments can develop you or they can destroy you, but either way, they will define you.” Rick Warren

Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. James 1:12

Fidelity: “faithfulness to a person, cause, or belief, demonstrated by continuing loyalty and support” New Oxford American Dictionary

What are you committed to? Millions of people go through life hardly ever making a commitment. Probably the most common commitment made by people is marriage; and by the divorce rate these days you would hardly think that is a commitment. It's about time we find something to commit to in life. Without commitment the buildings we see in big cities wouldn't exist, the shows we enjoy on television wouldn't play, and the books we read wouldn't be written. All the accomplishments we enjoy in life are the direct results of commitments. We all have the ability to do great things, but non of us can achieve much at all without commitment. It's obvious I know, but for some reason most of us still don't get it. We float through life hoping a good job will come our way or a decent house will fall in our laps, and sometimes those things do happen. But great things are never achieved without fidelity and commitment to a cause. Let's all try to find something of value we can be committed to and see what it can accomplish. I know it can be hard to specify a cause to commit to, but we could start with committing ourselves to God, in that way we can assure we will receive the benefits of God's commitment He's made to us.

Daily Journaling Questions:

How did I help someone today?

What act of kindness did I perform today?

What did I learn today?

Who did I love today?

What about today do I want to remember forever?

What are my goals for tomorrow?

Thanks for reading.

Jake