Finding Strength

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” Arnold Schwarzenegger

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. Colossians 3:23-24

Venture: “a risky or daring journey or undertaking” New Oxford American Dictionary

“I dreamed a dream in time gone by...” Those opening song lyrics from “Les Miserables” thrust an unlikely Scottish woman into the world spotlight and a lump into millions of throats. Success and fame followed quickly; and at times, it was a struggle for her to cope. To get where she is now, required courage and strength. She had to accept a venture that she had little experience and no success in, but she had a dream to sing and the talent to pull it off; and that is what she did. Like Susan Boyle, we all have talents for success; and weaknesses that distract from them. But what if instead of focusing on our weaknesses, we focused on our strengths, letting the struggles that come with venturing after them grow our character and build our success? We will all undoubtably fail and feel like no one cares, but remember Susan Boyle didn't win “Britain's Got Talent.” And afterwords she felt as though no one wanted to hear her sing again, obviously that was not true, but she did not surrender, and her loss gave her the strength to cope with future struggles as a celebrity. Let's take advantage of our struggles, learn from our failures, and remember who we're really serving to ensure a successful future.

Daily Journaling Questions:

How did I help someone in kindness today?

What did I learn today?

What am I thankful for?

Who did I love today?

What am I dreaming of?

What about today do I want to remember forever?

What are my goals for tomorrow?

Thanks for reading.

Jake