Jesus Loves Us

“Jesus loves me this I know,

For the Bible tells me so.

Little ones to Him belong;

They are weak but He is Strong.

Yes, Jesus loves me!

The Bible tells me so.

From the song Jesus Loves Me by Anna Bartlett Warner

I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well.  Psalm 139:14

Haunting:  “poignant and evocative; difficult to ignore or forget”  New Oxford American Dictionary

“If I should stay, I would only be in your way, so I’ll go, but I know, I’ll think of you every step of the way...”  Those words written by Dolly Parton shaped the start of one of the most loved ballads of all time.  But the words were transcended by one of the greatest voices to ever be recorded.  “Bitter sweet, memories, that is all I’m taking with me, so good bye, please don’t cry, we both know, I’m not what you, you need...”  Now that voice is only a memory, and the words of the song that made it so loved are a haunting of the life that once made them famous.  “I hope, life treats you kind, and I hope you have all you dreamed of, and I wish you joy and happiness, but above all this, I wish you love.”  A life that wasn’t always filled with love, and was often abused by its search wasn’t taken without it’s gift.  I can hear it now, I can hear it like it’s the first time I’ve ever heard it.  The single strike to a snare and a voice that only a loving God could have graced this creation with.  “And I will always love you.”  A voice so perfect, I can hear in it our loving Savior speaking to all of us.  “I will always love you, I will always love you, I will always love you, I will always love you, I, I will always love you.”  Whitney Houston’s last known public performance occurred the day before she died, it was an impromptu performance with a friend.  She sang, Jesus Loves Me.

Daily Journaling Questions:

How did I help someone today?

What act of kindness did I perform today?

What did I learn today?

Who did I love today?

What about today do I want to remember forever?

What are my goals for tomorrow?

Thank you for reading.  Jesus loves you.

Jake