The Bread of Redemption

“If you can open your heart to somebody, look at what great things can happen.” Shobi Dahl

So he got up and went to his father. “But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.” Luke 15:20

Redemption: “the action of saving or being saved from sin, error, or evil” New Oxford American Dictionary

At a young age Dave rejected his fathers business and his principles. He spent years in and out of jail and prison, usually for drug abuse and the crimes that came with it. Then in 1996 Dave decided he was gonna take his life of crime a step farther, and he began selling large amounts of hard drugs. But his life of crime effectively ended in 1997 after he was arrested five times and went to prison for what was going to be the last time. Dave says, he “really thought [his] life was over.” But as it turns out, it wasn't, not by a long shot. During his last stint behind bars something changed, he started to take responsibility for what he had done and tried to improve himself as a person. If I had to guess, it was then I think that he decided what he could be, and it was more than what he had been. While still in prison he called his brother Glenn and hinted that he wanted to come back to the family business. Glenn says he loved him and wanted him back and ultimately decided to let him come back to Nature Bake. Glenn took a chance opening his heart up to Dave and it was not a mistake. In 2004 the family company that Dave Dahl had rejected so many years before launched a line of products and a brand that would become more successful than they could imagine. Just a few short years later, Dave's Killer Bread is now being sold all over the western United States and is a favorite for most who have tried it. Along with Nature Bake the family company is now thriving because Dave at one time rejected it. Now Dave testifies and is himself a testament about how lives can change and what anyone can accomplish. I can't prove it, but I think you would agree with me that all the good Dave Dahl is doing now couldn't have been accomplished if he hadn't screwed up his life, if he hadn't been arrested, and hadn't gone to prison. We've all screwed up our lives to some extent, instead of letting it negatively affect us forever, let's take an example from Dave and see what we can accomplish despite our missteps and even misdeeds. Redemption is a secret ingredient to a killer recipe for life. And with what our Savior did for us on the cross. It's the secret ingredient to eternal life with Him.

Daily Journaling Questions:

Who did I help today?

What act of kindness did I perform today?

What did I learn today?

Who did I love today?

What about today do I want to remember forever?

What are my goals for tomorrow?

Thanks so much for reading, I hope you get a chance to come back tomorrow and maybe try some of Dave's Killer Bread.

Jake