Valuing Time

“If you don't value your time, nobody else will.” Unknown Author

But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the LORD a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 2 Peter 3:8

Kairos: “a time when conditions are right for the accomplishment of a crucial action: the opportune or decisive moment” Allwords.com

As humans we have a finite amount of time in this world, and you know a purposeful life requires time. It's important that we value the time we have to accomplish whatever it is that fulfills our lives. If you're a carpenter, the time you take to build a house is valuable and deserves compensation. If you're a doctor you've taken time from your life to learn a valuable and difficult skill, and that deserves reimbursement. If you're a stay at home mom, you will never be compensated with money, but you deserve payment non the less; the satisfaction of raising productive children cannot be valued. The point is, your productive activities deserve compensation whether it be monetary or other. We should value our time so that it is not wasted on meaningless activities that don't provide value to our lives. We should value our time so that we don't let others waste our time for us. And we should value our time, because every moment is a gift. Every moment we have is a kairos moment, what opportunity does this moment hold for you?

Daily Journaling Questions:

How did I help someone today?

What act of kindness did I perform today?

What did I learn today?

Who did I love today?

What about today do I want to remember forever?

What are my goals for tomorrow?

Thanks for reading.