Can You Heal Your Hood?

“If we don't heal our own hood, who will?" Cornell Hayes Jr (AKA Nelly)

All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17

Caritas: “Christian love of humankind; charity” New Oxford American Dictionary

How many times have you heard or thought the words, “I wish 'they' would do something about that?” Most of us can identify deficiencies in life that can be improved or even eliminated, and almost all of us know some way to improve the plight of humankind. But we all hope somebody else will act on our wishes. We vote for presidents, senators, and representatives on the basis of the hope they'll enact our ideas. I once heard a statement from an air force general who said, “never pass by a mistake.” I think most of us pass by mistakes everyday. At some point it becomes our responsibility to make a difference. It can be difficult to take on responsibilities we don't really want, but if we don't, who will? The record books of historical heroes are filled with people that had ideas and then acted on them. As Christians let's show our caritas and do what we can to heal the wrongs around us. What can you do to heal your hood?

Daily Journaling Questions:

How did I help someone today?

What act of kindness did I perform today?

What did I learn today?

Who did I love today?

What about today do I want to remember forever?

What are my goals for tomorrow?

Thanks for reading.

Jake