No One Like You

I’d go hungry, I’d go black and blue.  I’d go crawling down the avenue.  No there’s nothing that I wouldn’t do.  To make you feel my love.  Bob Dylan (from the song Make You Feel My Love)

“The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.”  God  1 Samuel 16:7b

Carp:  “To find fault or complain querulously or unreasonably.”  Dictionary.com

“Never mind I’ll find someone like you.”  That’s the tag line in a popular song entitled, Someone Like You, by Adele.  It goes on to state that, “Sometimes it lasts in love, but sometimes it hurts instead.”  That’s a face of human love I think all of us have experienced.  Denial, betrayal, and rejection.  Love leaves a lot for us to carp about.  Never mind, there’s no one like You.  Jesus made the ultimate sacrifice for you and for me.  He lived a perfect life of love for you and for me.  And He still wants you and me to feel His love.  He went hungry, He was beaten and bruised, He carried His own cross down the Via Delorosa, down the Way of Grief for us.  Then He was crucified for us.  Nailed to a cross and hung to die a slow and painful death.  He died brokenhearted and rejected by this world.  But in love He rose.  He rose so that He could one day take us home with Him to a place prepared by Him to be enjoyed for all eternity.  When the love of life breaks our hearts, disappoints, and at times disgusts, there is a perfect love, always there, always waiting.  Never mind, there’s no one like Jesus.

Daily Journaling Questions:

How did I help someone today?

What act of kindness did I perform today?

What did I learn today?

Who did I love today?

What about today do I want to remember forever?

What are my goals for tomorrow?

Thank you for reading.  You mean a lot to me.

Jake