Do You Work?

“Let love dictate what you do next.” Robert T. Kiyosaki

You who are young, be happy while you are young, and let your heart give you joy in the days of your youth. Follow the ways of your heart and whatever your eyes see, but know that for all these things God will bring you into judgment. Ecclesiastes 11:9

Hyperbole: “exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally” New Oxford American Dictionary

Love is a staple of life and I've written about it a few times. But the love I want to talk about today is not the love you feel for another person, a dog, or a cat. The love I want to talk about today is the actions we love. Too many of us live a life without loving what we do. Too many go to jobs we don't enjoy, drive cars we don't like, in traffic jams we hate. If you don't love your life and you're in a position to change your life (and everybody is), what would it take to turn your life into something you love? Very few successful people hate what they're doing. In fact almost every entrepreneur who has found prosperity would advise you to find something you love, then do it, do it to the best of your ability and use your love for it to drive you towards triumph. We've all heard the saying, “Work at something you love and you won't work a day in your life.” Are you working everyday? If you are, why? Don't you think you'll be so much better at what you do if you love it? There are two things you can do if you're not loving life: one, you could change the way you feel about what you're currently doing, or two, you could change what you're doing. But actually, I'll suggest a third, do both. Let's get to love what we're doing and see how much more fulfilling life can be. That way we can say we never work a day of our lives; and it won't be merely hyperbole.

Daily Journaling Questions:

How did I help someone today?

What act of kindness did I perform today?

What did I learn today?

Who did I love today?

What about today do I want to remember forever?

What are my goals for tomorrow?

Thanks for reading.

Jake