God's Word

“The Bible was not given to increase our knowledge, but change our lives.” Dwight L. Moody

Now I'm turning you over to God, our marvelous God whose gracious Word can make you into what He wants you to be and give you everything you could possibly need in this community of holy friends. Acts 20:32 (The Message Bible)

Transmute: “change in form, nature, or substance” New Oxford American Dictionary

The Bible is unquestionably the most tested book to have ever existed and it has never been proven false. Still many choose not to believe fully in it. Some believe there are parts of it that are accurate and parts that are flawed, some believe it was perfect but has been tampered with through the ages, and still others believe it is a farce created by humans to control other humans. No matter where you stand in your belief in the Bible, it has probably changed your life. If you believe in it, I have no reason to continue, you fully understand the power of God's word. If you don't believe, I'm sure you have ancestors who did and you would probably agree with me, their beliefs helped to shape or even create your life. And if you're on the fence, I'm sure you've seen what it can do and the influence it's had around you has affected you in some way. This world is full of people who don't have hope, it's not that they're without potential, but they can't see it, they need a purpose. Whether you believe in the Bible or not, it's acting believers never lack for purpose. It's teachings, while constantly pointing towards the cross, transcend Christianity, and it's sayings are inscribed in the minds of believers and atheists alike. It has the ability to transmute the hardest heart into the meekest spirit. It has the ability to speak to us in a way that supersedes words alone. The Bible has changed the world we live in, in ways no other entity has. We owe it to ourselves if anything its trial. We study history and theories everyday, why shouldn't we test histories biggest influence?

Daily Journaling Questions:

How did I help someone today?

What act of kindness did I perform today?

What did I learn today?

Who did I love today?

What about today do I want to remember forever?

What are my goals for tomorrow?

Thanks for reading.

Jake