Living With Destiny

“The Lord has promised good to me.
 His word my hope secures. He will my shield and portion be,
As long as life endures.” John Newton (from the song Amazing Grace)

One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple. Psalm 27:4

Kismet: “fate; destiny” New Oxford American Dictionary

Patrick Doughtie's son Tyler lost his battle with cancer in 2005. He was only nine years old when he died, but his life is a testament to what a person can do in only a few years when God's purpose is working through them. Tyler's strength and courage inspired his dad Patrick to write a screenplay based on his story, called, “Letters to God.” In 2010, the movie was released and through it Tyler has been touching hearts ever since. Patrick admits the “letters to God” part was his own creative idea he thought would be neat to incorporate into the movie. However, while the movie was being made three years after Tyler had passed away, Patrick found himself looking through some of Tyler's things, he came across a notebook and started flipping through the pages, reading little things Tyler had written about various people and events in his life. Then he flipped to something he never expected, a letter to God. The movie took on a whole new meaning to him from that point on. It's amazing what God can accomplish through our lives when we let Him lead. Whether we're eight years old like Tyler Doughtie or 80, God wants to work through our lives to do amazing things. Let's let him. And let's pray for all those families that are struggling with illnesses and facing losses. There are millions of people going through hard times right now, let's not forget them and pray for God's work to be evident in their lives as well as ours.

Daily Journaling Questions:

How did I help someone today?

What act of kindness did I perform today?

What did I learn today?

Who did I love today?

What about today do I want to remember forever?

What are my goals for tomorrow?

Thanks for reading.

Jake