Chapter 56- Too Good

Ben crunched on his bacon that Bridget made before stealing another piece off of Nathan's plate while he talked, "So no school today?" He grinned.

Bridget sighed before looking at Desiree who had a matching grin on her face, "Ugh fine, but this is it young man no more free days."

"Oh Yeah!" He cheered, "It's almost over anyway, might as well stop going."

"That's not how that works," Desiree chuckled.

Emily came into the kitchen causing everyone to turn their attention to her, "Morning everyone."

"Mornin' " Leigh grinned, "You ready to go to hospital and get checked out? Are you in pain? Is there anything-"

"I'm fine," she put her finger up to Leigh's lips, "I would like to eat and then we can go."

"Em can I talk to you real quick before you eat?" Desiree asked.

"Sure," she said.

Desiree walked towards but she was stopped by Bridget's hand grabbing her wrist, "What are you up to Knight?"

"Not your business baby," Desiree said sweetly before kissing her head.

"Excuse me," she gasped.

"Love you," she said before walking off, when she reached Emily she rubbed the back of her neck, "Leigh can be a little uh..."

"Yeah..." Emily nodded, "I'm fine though, honestly, I feel good. I just need more sleep if anything."

Desiree nodded before biting her lip, "Emily, I know Leigh would flip if she knew but you can tell me you know if...Floyd uh...forced you to-"

Emily looked down before looking at back up at Desiree tearfully, "Um yeah...A few times," she sniffled, "One night...I was screaming so loud for her to stop that her neighbors called the police."

"So she did rape you?" Desiree asked, "Just to make sure we are on the same page..."

"Yes, she did," Emily nodded.

"Em do you want eggs?" Nathan asked.

She looked at him, "Yeah with cheese," she said before looking at what she thought would be Desiree but all she saw was an empty space and a front door left open, "Des?" She mumbled, she thought about what just happened, "Oh no...Bridget?!"

The brunette jumped, "What happened? What's wrong?!"

"Des," she breathed, "I told her about Mackenzie-"

"What about her?" Leigh asked.

Emily looked at Ben, Nathan covered his ears, "Go on," Nathan said.

"She uh...well," she swallowed, "Des asked if she raped me and-"

"DID SHE?!" Leigh asked.

"Leigh don't-"

"Did she?" She questioned again. Emily nodded meekly, "Motherfucker," Leigh said before rushing out.

Nathan hopped up, "Um stay here," he said before running after Leigh.

Bridget rubbed her temples, "This is stressing me out."

"No! I don't wanna stress you out, what about your babies?" Emily asked looking between them.

"We'll be fine," Nicole gave a sad smile.

"Hey wait...Where'd ma go?" Benjamin asked.

"She'll be back soon, why don't you go upstairs and see if your brother is still asleep," Bridget suggested, "It's gonna be a long day."