Chapter 28- Wrong

"Desi!" Skylar called as she watched her step out of the rented Porsche.

"Hey Sky," Desiree smiled before hugging her sister.

"What are you doing here? It's not everyday my sister visits me in the middle of the week," Sky smiled.

"Well I...just needed to get away I suppose and you popped into my head," Desiree replied as they walked up the stairs to her apartment.

"Well you're in luck because we just so happen to have a basketball game today, why didn't you come with daddy?" Sky asked.

"Dad as in Desmond Knight? He's coming down here?" Desiree questioned.

Skylar's eyebrows furrowed, "Desiree...you do know today is his birthday right?"

"No, can't say I did," Desiree said.

Skylar shook her head, "That's really bad D, he's your dad."

"Nah, he's your dad, he's never been a father to me. I don't want to be here if he is coming," Desiree admitted walking to the door.

"No, please stay? I promised him I'd take him out to eat for his birthday so he's driving here," Sky relied, "Plus, I know how much you've missed being on this campus."

"He's driving here?" Desiree asked.

"Yes ma'am, he left last night. It's a long drive from Arizona to Illinois," Sky shrugged.

"Well no shit, that's why I hopped on a red eye. He's an idiot for driving," Desiree scoffed, "Anyway, enough about him, what's up with you?"

"Nothing...English homework," Skylar smirked.

"Fuck no, I didn't come here to help you with homework," Desiree groaned.

"Please, you're really good at English and math...and science...geez when I think about it, you're a nerd," Skylar chuckled.

"Yeah, the only nerd in history who had hoes do her homework," Desiree smirked.

"That Rachel didn't know about," Sky smirked back, "You sly dog you."

Desiree laughed, "Yeah, college was fun. I've missed this place."

"Yeah I bet. So how's married life?" Sky giggled while opening her english book.

"Not married," Desiree corrected, "And it's...stressful. Ben's dad has decided to be in his life."

"The...dead one?" Skylar asked.

"Yeah, really long story. Anyway, I don't want Ben with him at all and Bridget is being well...Bridget and doesn't seem to care what I think," Desiree shrugged.

"Hmm, sounds like it's deeper than that..." Sky said.

"Well...she does want a another kid. Oh...I'm going to play basketball in Spain for a year," Desiree shrugged.

Sky dropped her pencil, "What?!"

"That's kinda why I'm here. I know you're going to miss me and all," Desiree teased.

"Yeah I will but Des, that's awesome. All of that exposure, Jesus, Knight, this is huge," Skylar smiled.

Desiree smiled, "Thanks."

"So what about this baby?" Sky questioned.

"She really wants one soon because she's getting older but I just don't want one right now," Desiree said.

Skylar frowned, "Because of Rachel though...don't punish Bridget for what she did."

"I'm not trying to it's..." Desiree began tearing up, "I want to spend the rest of my life with this woman...what if I'm not enough to parent my own child. Benji is already old ya know, the hard part is done. I blame Desmond, he's scarred me for life. I don't want to be a bad parent."