Chapter 33- Still mad

Bridget scrubbed the counters as Emily searched Instagram for a picture of Leigh's new boo, "So that's her new Bae."

"Bae?" Bridget scoffed, "I literally hate that word and that girl isn't even cute."

"That's what I said!" Emily exclaimed, "I miss her."

"I know but you have to move on, Leigh is just...not your match," Bridget said.

"I believe she is though, she's just scared," Emily said.

"I guess," Bridget shrugged.

"So, how are you and Des?" Emily asked.

Bridget chuckled, "I wish I knew, we barely talk. She's still pissed off, she hasn't spoken to any of her family. Ben is the only one she talks to really, she doesn't even talk to Nathan. Thanksgiving is tomorrow, how am I supposed to host it with both of our families with her being upset?"

Emily sighed, "I don't know Brit, I feel like everything will be fine. Want to help me look for a dress for Saturday?"

"What's Saturday?" Bridget asked.

"Your sister is releasing her fashion line, it's a whole fashion show Bridget. Come on, please tell me you didn't forget," Emily groaned.

"Oh shit, I knew about it but I didn't know we were going to that. You know we barely talk. Hayden thinks she better than me but she isn't," Bridget said, "Plus, I don't want to go alone and I doubt Miss Knight would want to go."

"All you can do is ask. So are you coming shopping with me or not?"

"I have to ask Des if she can watch the boys," Bridget said, "She might have something to do today."

"Yeah yeah," Emily shrugged as Bridget left the kitchen.

Bridget entered her bedroom surprised to see the woman still asleep, it was almost noon. She heard shuffling behind her, "Donovan, is that you crawling behind mama?" She asked while picking him up, causing him to laugh, "Come on let's wake mommy up."

Desiree groaned when she felt a tiny body on top of hers, "Mm what's up Donnie?"

"We decided you've slept enough," Bridget said, "Plus, I need a favor."

Desiree's eyebrows furrowed, "I don't think I'm in the mood to do you any favors."

"That's fair, I deserve that but I would like for you to attend my sisters fashion show with me on Saturday. I also would like for you to watch the boys today while I go shopping with Em," Bridget said.

"Alright I'll go and they're my kids Brit, you don't have to ask," Desiree yawned, "We are going to have a good day."

XXXXX

Desiree groaned as her son screamed to the top of his lungs. She wasn't used to this at all, he was getting his top and back teeth so he was in pain, which made him cry. Desiree bounced him on her lap, "Come on D, stop crying. It's ok," she handed him a teething toy but he just threw it. She groaned.

"He likes basketball," Ben said as he sat next to his mom in her bed, he grabbed the remote and turned on the Golden State vs. Bulls game from the previous night.

"Look, Steph Curry is on TV," Desiree smiled, Donovan slowly stopped crying and even giggled when Klay Thompson shot a three, "Wow, this is truly my kid."

"Hey! So am I," Ben chuckled.

"Yeah yeah," she laughed before kissing the side of Donnie's head, "I love you guys."

Ben smiled, "I knew you'd like him."

Desiree looked at Ben, "Yeah me too, so you ready for your writing competition next week?"