Chapter 16- Back at it again!

Desiree and Tamera had been rivals since high school, she was the only person that beat Desiree every time they played against each other. Desiree tucked her jersey into her shorts and sighed, she was feeling good. She had sex with the woman of her dreams last night, nothing could bring her down.

"Long time, no see, rookie," Tamera smirked. She had been pro for 6 years, she had more experience than Desiree but the Rookie had more passion and more skill.

"Yeah I know, I've been busy" Desiree said.

"Well I hope you've been practicing because I'm pumped to wipe the floor with you...again," she smiled innocently before walking away from the woman.

Bridget looked towards Leigh, "She looks edgy."

"She's fine, TY is an old frenemy," Leigh-Ann stated.

Bridget nodded, "I see."

Once the game started, it was very obvious that Desiree was playing different, more aggressive. The rookie was currently running down the court, she had just stolen the ball from Tamera. Once she made it to the Mercury respective hoop she shot from the three p line, causing the crowd to go wild.

Bridget smiled, her, Ben, and Scarlett had on Phoenix jerseys, they were a replicate of Desiree's. Desmond looked at Scarlett and smiled, "She's really grown to love this."

"Yes, I'm just upset you had to miss her development," Scarlett stated, she didn't intend to hurt the man's feelings but she did.

He diverted his eyes to the court before clearing his throat, "I missed a lot that I shouldn't have."

"I know Desmond, she'll come around," Scarlett sighed. She knew her daughter was stubborn, she just prayed she'd let go of the grudge she had against her father.

XXXXX

It was now the middle of second quarter, the Mercury were up by 2, they somehow allowed their 10 point lead to be cut down. Tamera shoved her shoulder into Desiree who was guarding her, the rookie fell to the ground, Tamera took the opportunity to step back and shoot a two. Desiree exploded from the ground, "That's a charge ref!"

Coach Bernard nodded in agreement, "She's right, I know you saw that!"

The referee shook his head, "No charge, sorry Knight."

"SHE CLEARLY SHOVED INTO ME!" Desiree yelled in the man's face causing Brittney to grab her arm and attempt to pull her away.

"Let it go DK," she said.

The rookie was livid, she was practically thrown to the grown and she didn't want it to be ignored.

Scarlett sighed while watching the scene her child was making, "That damn temper Desiree."

"I don't think I've ever seen her this mad," Leigh said.

"She's definitely been more upset than this, Tamera always brings out the worst in her," Scarlett shook her head.

The ref blew his whistle and called a technical foul on number 4, Desiree Knight. Coach Bernard instructed Desiree to go sit, she sighed and stomped to the sidelines. She sat and watched her teammates play for the rest of the quarter.

Bernard sighed as he walked into the locker room, it was now halftime, he walked over to Desiree "Knight, you can't let this chick get to you, everything you've experienced in the past, let it go, keep playing hard though just don't make any stupid decisions. Focus on your motives" He said tapping her head with the last four words.

"Yes Coach," Desiree mumbled. Desiree waited for her coach to leave the locker room, she then took off her jersey for a moment, the scratches on her back were killing her, they were stinging and her sweat wasn't helping.