Chapter 48- Bad advice

1:48am

Bridget groaned when she was woken up by her son's screeching, she quickly threw back her covers and walked to his room. Donovan was standing in his crib, gripping the side and crying his eyes out. Bridget turned on a dim lamp, "What's wrong baby?" She picked him and bounced him a little, "You're ok."

He shook his head and continued to scream. Bridget winced due to the ringing in her ears, she began to pace with her son in her arms. Ben leaned on the door frame, "Mommy, some of us have to get up early. Grandpa is taking me fishing, remember?"

"Yes, I do remember but your brother is having a rough night," Bridget yawned.

"Ma said he's getting the rest of his teeth," Ben shrugged.

"He is but I don't think that's the matter, is it Donnie?" She asked him, he shook his head and began pushing himself off of her, trying to get out of her grip, "Baby, what's wrong why don't you want mommy to hold you?" Bridget was shocked as she put him down.

"MAMA?!" He yelled running out the room.

It all made sense, Desiree wasn't home. She would always help him go to sleep, this night Bridget had to put him down which lead to him not sleeping through the night. She went Chasing after her son.

Donovan started to whine when Bridget picked him up and wouldn't let him go, "MAMA!" He yelled.

"Ben can you bring me my phone." The boy nodded and left.

"I know baby, she'll be home soon. I promise," she said as Ben gave her the phone, she quickly called Desiree.

Desiree jumped awake when her phone rang loudly on the nightstand next to her, she looked at a sleeping Nathan, who was still knocked out, before answering, "Hey," she smiled in a sleepy voice.

Bridget blushed immediately, "Hi, I'm sorry I woke you up but your son is having a bad night, he's not asleep because he's upset"

"Why?" Desiree asked with a yawn.

Bridget rolled her eyes, "Idiot, he misses you."

"Oh...Oh!" Desiree exclaimed, she chuckled, "I'm barely awake over here, cut me some slack."

"I'm sorry, I'm very tired and he's screaming in my ears," she said as she tried to calm Donovan down.

"Yeah I can hear him crying, give him the phone," Desiree said. Bridget rolled her eyes, put Desiree on speaker and handed the iPhone to the 1 year old, "Hey bubba."

"Hi Mama!" He smiled.

"It's bed time, you need to go to sleep," she said.

"No!" He yelled.

"Donnie, I'll be home soon. Please go to sleep for mommy," she begged.

"No Mama!" He yelled.

"Donnie," she smiled, "I will be home soon, I promise."

The boy yawned and rubbed his sleepy eyes, Bridget took the phone, "What did you say?"

"Nothing, promised him something ," she smiled.

"I promised him too," Bridget scoffed.

"No offense but you aren't me," Desiree chuckled.

"Can you hurry home?" Bridget purred as she laid Donnie down in his crib.

"Yeah, what's the rush? You miss me too much?" Desiree smirked.

"Yes, more than you know," Bridget smirked too.