Chapter 41- Good Game Baby

"Well good morning sunshine," Emily smiled brightly.

Bridget looked like she could kill the British beauty. It was 9:30 in the morning and she was extremely tired, she and Desiree stayed up late... Fornicating. So there she stood, with sex hair, in one of Desiree's old college sweater, "Morning," she groaned, "What's the emergency?"

"I have nothing to wear," Emily frowned as she stepped into the foyer.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Bridget yawned.

"I have a brunch date at noon and I have nothing to wear and my hair isn't done, this is where you come in," Emily said.

"Oh a date?" Bridget smirked, "Wait with whom?" She questioned before yawning again.

"Her name is Mackenzie Floyd, she's Australian and sexy and I think I like her," Emily smiled.

"Ooh really? Where did you meet her? What does she do? Why haven't you mentioned her?" Bridget said as she walked into the kitchen.

Emily followed her best friend and sat at the island in the kitchen, "Well, we met at the park actually. I was jogging and she was stretching, I stopped for a water break. Then we started jogging together," she giggled, "She's an IAO behavioral specialist for the FBI."

Bridget nearly spit out the juice she just drank, "Oh my god, she has a great fucking job!"

"I know right? But the only reason I know this is because I saw her badge in her workout bag. I didn't tell you about her because I didn't want to jinx anything," Emily stated.

Bridget nodded, "I understand. So..." she smiled, "What's the plan?"

"Ok, well, she wants to have brunch on her boat. I told her if it goes well, she can accompany me to Desiree's scrimmage today," Emily said.

Bridget cheesed knowingly, "Oh you must really like this girl."

Emily blushed, "I do, she's so...brave," she chuckled, "She's not afraid to be herself."

"Like my Knight," Bridget smirked, Emily nodded, "Hmm that's great but the real question is, what's going on with Leigh-Ann? Are you over her? Are you two still having sex?"

"Let's just say, from this moment on, I'm done with Leigh. No sex, no relations, no friendship. We can be cordial though," Emily stated.

"Ok, but you know she's going to be at the scrimmage tonight," Bridget said.

"That's great, she should support her best friend," Emily shrugged nonchalantly.

Bridget smirked, "I like this new you. My my, what Mackenzie has done to you..."

Emily smiled and blushed, "Let's not talk about that, let's talk about what Ms. Knight has done to you. You look absolutely ravished this morning."

Bridget blushed, "Oh...I didn't notice."

"Care to tell me about last night?" Emily asked.

Bridget turned red, "Honestly?"

Emily nodded, "Nothing but the truth."

"I think I had the best sex ever last night, like oh my god Em," she gripped the countertop, "Have you ever met somebody who knew your body so well that-"

"That it felt like they were made to please it? Unfortunately, I have," she gave meek smile as her mind ventured to Leigh.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Arena was packed as if it was a regular season game, Coach Bernard was on edge, he wanted this win. He and the coach of the Minnesota Lynx had a beef that started way back in high school, nobody knows how or why it started but it got Bernie in kill mode. The scrimmage was to see who was to battle the Chicago Sky in the first game of the season, let's just be honest, Mercury vs Sky just had a better ring to it.