Chapter 43- Complications

The whole ride to the hospital Nathan stayed silent, he didn't know what to expect. Never in his life had he been so scared. Desiree on the other hand was used to bad things happening to her, she always expected the worst. She wasn't even slightly worried, she was livid. Livid at the fact that things can't ever stay calm in her life, she was starting to believe it was her fault.

When they arrived to the hospital, they weren't surprised to see all three women's parents but Patrick and Elliot were there before them, it boiled some blood. Desiree quickly walked up to Patrick, "What the hell are you doing here?"

"The accident was all over the news, of course I came to check on Bridget," Patrick scoffed.

"Don't say 'of course' like you care about her so much,"Desiree  snapped, "You two aren't needed, why don't you just leave?"

"We're not leaving Knight." Elliot finally chimed in.

Desiree had been waiting on this day, she turned to Elliot punched in the face, "I've been waiting a year to do that. If I find out you had anything to do with this I'll-"

The man shoved her, Benjamin Sr. stood in between them, "Not here," the old man said. He turned to Desiree, "Let's worry about Bridget, let them stay, they can't do any harm."

Desiree shook out her wrist, "Fine," she walked over away.

"What did the doctor say? What's going on? Are they alright?" Nathan asked.

"We don't know anything yet," Harriet said, "All we know is that they are all unconscious and the driver is...dead. Nicole hired a driver for the night I assume."

Nathan nodded, "Of course she did," he gave a sad smile, "My wife is a diva."

Desiree started to pace, all she could think about was her unborn child. Leigh rushed in, "What the hell is going on?"

"We don't know," Desiree quickly responded.

Leigh sat next to Harriet, "Well where are they?"

"Bridget is in a room upstairs, Nicole is as well. Emily is...well she's in surgery," Harriet said, "We don't know why, but her father is upstairs-"

"Excuse me, I don't mean to interrupt but did you say Emily's father is here?" An man asked.

"Samson?" Nathan asked as he stepped closer.

Desiree froze, she knew that name. How did she know that name? That couldn't very well be the man who is responsible for her father...nah. She shook her head of the thought. He couldn't be the reason Desmond went to jail, could he?

"Yeah it's me," he nodded, "Emily and I might not be on good terms but-"

The man was cut off by Nathan slamming him into a wall, "I should kill you for what you did to her!"

Desiree quickly pulled Nathan off of the man, "Relax Nat, everything will be fine, I promise."

He let go of the man, "You're right, I need to focus on my wife."

"Your wife?!" A man asked as he entered the waiting room.

Nathan gritted his teeth, Desiree gulped, she'd never seen someone's eyes change to black so fast, "Ethan..." He spit with venom.

Ethan smirked, "So you married Nicole, even after...the baby."

He stepped closer, "You mean the baby, my baby that you killed?"

Desiree nodded in understanding, that's the guy Nicole told her about, she knew Nathan wouldn't behave now. Luckily, Dr.Bullock entered the room, "I have some news."