Chapter 1 - Taking no L's

June 5, 2015

Desiree Olivia Knight aka The Rookie groaned as she stretched and got out of bed. It was 7:30am and she had to get her daily routine started.

It was 7:45 by the time she got out of the shower, she threw on gray Nike sweatpants, a black Nike dri-fit t-shirt and her favorite pair of Nike Air Huaraches. She made the best of her endorsement.

Was it mentioned that she was a professional basketball player?

Yup, Desiree Knight was the WNBA's Rookie Of The Year, she played for the Phoenix Mercury. She had only been in AR for a few months, since she was originally from Chicago, Phoenix was like a whole new world for her.

Desiree was running her usual route through downtown Phoenix, her music was playing through her headphones, she was looking down at her phone to text back her agent when she ran into someone.

"Ugh what the hell?!" Bridget Galloway exclaims from the ground.

"Oh fuck, I'm so sorry," Desiree reached down to help the woman off of the ground.

"It's ok, just watch where you're going next time," Bridget said while glancing at the sweaty woman.

"Yeah I-I will...you're Bridget Galloway...wow, Now I know what they say is true," Desiree blushed.

Bridget cocked her eyebrow, "And what is that?"

"That you're much more beautiful in person," Desiree nodded before apologizing one last time and jogging off.

Bridget watched the tall woman with a confused look, she brushed it off and continued to her publicist's office.

Bridget Elaine Galloway was the leading lady on Wicked Castaway and she had no idea that she had just been complemented by Phoenix's golden girl.

"Morning Charlie," Bridget smiled as she walked into his office.

"Mornin'! How did your photoshoot go yesterday?" Charlie Blake asked.

"Great, Ben was so happy he was able to come with me, I have another one tomorrow right?" She asked.

"Yes, you're free the rest of the day right?" Charlie asked.

"Yeah I thought so, I'm supposed to have dinner with Patrick later," Bridget sighed.

"Hey, today's your anniversary right? You don't sound too happy about that," he frowned.

Bridget sighed, "He's been acting different, it's been like this for months."

"Oh no, well don't stress, just focus on work and Benjamin, I'm sure whatever is bothering him will surpass," The man assured.

"Maybe you're right, I'm going to surprise him at work, I'll call you later," Bridget stated before leaving out.

XXXXX

"Bridget! BRIDGET!"

"How are you this morning?!"

"Bridget over here!"

Bridget waved to the paparazzi as she walked into Fallis Grand Inc. Her husband was the CEO of the largest homeland security company in the state.

With two coffees in one hand and a bag of their favorite pastries, she stepped off the elevator, she was surprised that his assistant Stacy wasn't at her desk, she shrugged and walked back to his office.

Bridget gasped and dropped everything, as Patrick held Stacy down. She was bent over on his desk as he stroked her from behind, he stopped when saw his wife standing in the doorway.