Chapter 27- Leaving

Bridget looked as if she had seen a ghost...again. "Uh...I-...how do you know?"

Scarlett chuckled, "A mother knows, dear. You don't look so well, why don't we sit."

Bridget followed the older woman to the bed, they both sat, "Desiree doesn't know, please don't tell her."

"I'm not dear, that's your business. I am willing to help you though, you need to go to a doctor, how far along are you?" Scarlett asked.

"I don't even know honestly, I have an appointment tomorrow actually," Bridget said with teary eyes.

"What's wrong?" Scarlett questioned.

Bridget couldn't hold it in anymore, she just broke down in tears, "I can't tell her," she sobbed, "She doesn't want kids, what am I supposed to do?"

Scarlett sighed, "She told you that?"

"Yes...why do I get a feeling you know something I don't?" Bridget asked.

Scarlett shook her head, "My baby girl is difficult, it's not my business to tell but if you're going to keep this baby, you need to know the truth."

XXXXX

"Ok, so you have a week to make the decision," Marcy announced.

"Yeah ok, I'll call you," Desiree said as she and Nathan stood up to leave.

"Wait, there's more..." She pulled out a folder and opened it, "Bridget's publicist sent me these."

Desiree didn't hesitate to take the files in her hand. Photos of Elliot handing an envelope to Shae Kelley's agent, the rookie smirked, "I knew it. I'm going to kill that bastard."

Marcy shook her head, "I don't think that's wise. I say we build a case and put him away forever."

"He's trying to ruin my life and take my family away from me, I don't have time for a case, that could take months and there's no guarantee that I'll be here to look after my family," Desiree stated, "Thanks M, I'll take care of it."

"Maybe she has a point Desiree we could put him away. I don't want this to get messier than what it is," Nathan said.

Desiree thought about it, "Alright Fine."

XXXXX

"Wait...so Rachel was pregnant, she didn't take care of herself...did drugs...and wound up losing the baby?" Bridget questioned.

"Yeah." Scarlett sighed "Desiree was never the same after that, she was so excited and then there was nothing to be excited about. I love Rachel like family but I hate her for what she did to Desiree. Every dream she has had, Rachel crushed it. I just don't want you to do the same," Scarlett mentioned.

"I won't I swear. I don't want to be like Rachel, which is why I don't want to tell her. She'll be so upset because she's going to think I don't care about her career," Bridget began to weep.

"Bridget, you need to tell her. She'll find out eventually when you start showing which will be soon. You also need to go to the doctor," Scarlett reminded.

The brunette nodded and wiped her tears, she was going to tell Desiree and everything would be fine.

XXXXX

"Bridget?!" Desiree called from the front door, "Brit!" She yelled this time.

The tired brunette nearly ran down the stairs, "Jesus Desiree, where's the fire?"

"I'm sorry, I'm just fucking pissed. I'm going to kill Hunter when I find him, he's behind my injury," Desiree breathed out.

"Oh wow...please just be rational, I'd rather him go to jail other than you going to jail for something involving him. He's such an ass, I don't know what I saw in him. I understand that he wants us back but he shouldn't have given us up in the first place," Bridget scoffed.