Chapter 32- Not going to run

Friday, November 18, 2016

Gray hoodie, black bomber jacket, blue jeans. Desiree took in the cool breeze as she stepped outside of PHX with her bags by her side. When Marcy Pierce pulled up, she hopped in with a smile on her face, "Hi."

"Hi, I've missed you. So how was Spain?" The woman asked.

"It was beautiful and sunny and...hot,
Desiree chuckled.

"Well that's good to hear I suppose, so Bernie is very excited to see you in a few minutes. He cleared out the gym for you, he wants to do some drills and see how you're doing. Does your shoulder hurt at all?" She asked.

"Nope, I'm all good. I'm better," Desiree nodded.

"So I've seen, even though most of your games weren't televised, from what I saw, you're much faster," the brunette nodded.

"Faster?" Desiree chuckled, "I'm much more than just faster," she smirked, "Just wait."

XXXXX

"Good Desiree!" Bernard called, he looked at Marcy "She's unguardable."

"It's scary how good she is," she added.

"I'm not surprised, she's a team player now, she just needed the push," he nodded, "I want her bad."

The woman smirked, "What are you willing to pay to get her back?"

Bernard watched the girls run drills, Desiree zoomed pass Brittney and made a reverse windmill layup without looking, he bit his lip, "Anything."

"Well the Sky want her back as well and so do the Lynx," she stated.

His eyes widened.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bridget was in her trailer making herself some tea, she was feel just a tad bit under the weather. 2016 had been a pretty good year for her, despite the fact that Desiree wasn't there. They hadn't seen each other in so long, they tried, they really did but Bridget was too busy whenever Desiree was free and Desiree was away whenever Bridget had the time to visit. She has successfully hidden her pregnancy from her significant other with much guilt of course.

At home waiting on her was her almost 8 month old son, she had him in late April. When Desiree left the brunette was nearing five months, it happened so quickly but she had to deal with it. Now she looks forward to waking up to his big chocolate brown eyes with his curly hair all over his head. He was truly Desiree's child, he had Bridget's eyes, chin and smile but everything else was Desiree.

Bridget nearly jumped out of her skin when she felt strong arms wrap around her waist, she tried to turn around but the arms only gripped her tighter, "Relax Brit."

Bridget's eyes widened, "Desiree?" She turned around smiled, "What happened to coming home for Christmas?"

Desiree shrugged, "Came back early, can I get a hug?"

Bridget literally jumped on the woman and smashed their lips together, Desiree caught her of course and let the brunette wrap her legs around her waist. They kissed until air became necessary.

"I've missed you so much...your hair is longer!" Desiree smiled as she put her back down.

"Yeah it is. I've missed you too, I-I've got something to tell you," Bridget stated.

"Wait, me first. So the Mercury want me back but so do Chicago," Desiree mentioned.

"What?" Bridget smiled, "That's amazing, you love Chicago but you love Phoenix too..."

"Yeah so you see my dilemma?" Desiree questioned, "I'm staying here though, my family is here, I never want to be away from you again."

Bridget blushed, "Agreed, baby sit down, we really have to talk-"