CHAPTER 36

CHAPTER 36

NICOLLE'S POV

“We’re back together.”

My smile widened. It was so obvious that I was just faking it; that I was just masking the pain behind this stupid smile. They’re back together. Mission accomplished, right? This was what we intended in the first place, to help him get Tracy back. And now he did.

But why did it hurt so much?

Oh yes, I remember. It hurt so much because I love him; because I’m hopelessly in love with him and there he was now, back together with the girl he used to love.

It would only take a matter of time before he completely forgets about me.

“Oh, hey,” I managed to croak out, forcing myself to sound so cheerful.

“Hi, Nicolle,” Tracy greeted me back. The way she spoke insulted me. The way she smiled insulted me. Heck—just her existence insulted me.

Damn it! Why am I angry at her? It was me, right? I was the one who broke up with Blake. I was the one who cheated on Blake with Andrew; his best friend. I was the one who broke his heart. And here was Tracy, trying to fix it for him. Now, the right thing to do was be glad because someone was fixing Blake; someone was keeping Blake from not losing his mind.

From not losing his reason.

“O sige, una na kami,” Andrew told them.

Before we could step another step, though, Blake took hold of Andrew’s shoulder and looked at him. “Paps,” he called, hatred and menace palpable in his tone. The way his jawline was tight, I could say that he was trying so hard to hold back himself from throwing fists at Andrew.

After all, I’m not too dense to not know that he’s still into me.

And I’m not too stupid to not know that I’m very much still into him.

“Bakit hindi tayo mag double date?” he asked, his voice full of poison and challenge and amusement. What he was  amused about in this situation, I don’t know. He smirked.

Andrew shrugged his hand off as he squeezed my hand tighter. “Paps,” he replied, his voice equally challenging and covered with venom. “Ano bang—“

“No, it’s okay,” I interjected, cutting Andrew off mid-sentence. “Double date. It’s not gonna hurt, anyway.”

“Right,” Tracy countered. “It’s not going to hurt.” She looked at me sharply, a smirk was ghosting her lips.

Blake un-slung his hand around Tracy and wrapped it around her waist, instead, pulling her closer. My heart throbbed in ache. Why did he have to do this to me? Is he really planning to hurt me this much?

I gulped as the fake smile dropped into a scowl when Blake said, “Tara, babe.”

Tracy giggled and together they made a beeline towards a table. Andrew only looked at me apologetically. “I’m sorry,” he said as he gave me a short smile.

I smiled. “Come on, nothing to be sorry about.”

“Let’s just get out of here, okay?” he offered.

I frowned. “No. Let’s stay. It’s not like he’s going to—“

“Hey love birds! Dyan na lang ba kayo?” Blake shouted, loud enough for everyone in here to hear.

I sighed and squeezed Andrew’s hand tighter. A shudder ran across my spine as we took the first step. My breath hitched and my heart beat uncontrollably. My lips were quivering. My head was pounding.