CHAPTER 46

CHAPTER 46

NICOLLE’S POV

“Hey, Joe,” Sarah greeted.                                                 

Joe smiled widely as he wrapped his arm around Sarah’s waist. They were too close for Sarah’s liking. It’s not that she was complaining, but, she just doesn’t feel so comfortable to be too close to someone. Even to her boyfriend, Joe.

Joe kissed her cheek and let go of her, scanning her. “You look beautiful, as always,” he commented.

Sarah looked down her dress. It’s pink and above the knee and it is strapless. She’s okay with that, but not with the high heels. She never feels good wearing high heels. She feels like whenever she wears high heeled shoes, her life’s in danger.

She sighed. “Do I need to wear these?” she asked Joe as she pointed to her shoes.

Joe chuckled. “Sit down, Sarah.”

Though confused why, Sarah sat down couch. Joe crouched down and removed Sarah’s shoes then threw them away.

When he stood up, he offered his hand to Sarah. “You don’t have to wear those junks, Sarah,” he said as Sarah took his hand.

She smiled and blushed at her boyfriend’s sweetness. “Thanks.”

He smiled. “Go on. Wear your Chucks instead.”

Sarah did.

Ten minutes later, they drove off to the hotel of their friend’s parents. Both of their parents will also be there since they are business partners.

When they got there, they were greeted by the blinding flash of cameras, questions of reporters and smiles of their fans. No, they are not Hollywood stars. They are just simple persons, Joe and Sarah. Both of them are just a sweet teenage couple.

What makes them special is that… their parents are the greatest business prodigies of New York.

They sat on the table where their friend, Ally, was seated. She smiled. “Hey, Sarah. Nice outfit. I wish I don’t have to wear this stinky shit,” Ally complained.

“Well, thanks to my boyfriend,” she said as she chuckled.

Joe took hold of her hand. He was about to say something when Joe’s and Sarah’s dad offered a toast to everyone. Sarah’s dad spoke. “Well, hello, good afternoon,” he greeted.

The spotlight was on both men now.

“So, maybe you all are wondering why we invited you in this party,” he continued. “No birthday parties. No opening of new companies, or stuffs like that.”

His eyes roamed around the room and stopped to stare at Sarah. He smiled which Sarah returned.

“Ladies and gentlemen, I am proud to announce that… Sarah and Joe are engaged to be married, three years from now, when they both turn eighteen.”

Sarah didn’t know why, but a tear rolled down her cheek. She was shocked. No, she was not engaged. She was not even sure if she was in love with Joe. This can’t be happening! No! She cannot be engaged. Not to the one she’s not even sure of. Yes, she’s happy with Joe, but… but that’s not a valid reason to marry him.

Everyone applauded.

Cameras.

Smiles.

Congratulations.

Questions.

Confusions.

Why?

Why?