CHAPTER 18

CHAPTER 18

NICOLLE'S POV

I ran as fast as I could. My feet were involuntary heading to the direction of the school garden. Why the school garden? I don’t know. I’m guessing because it was the place that witnesses the first time Blake Perez told me he likes me. My heart was pounding like crazy. When I was nearing the entrance, a familiar male voice echoed through the room. 

“Sabi ko na nga ba dito ka pupunta eh.”

I wasn’t expecting him to be here. He was at the volleyball court just a moment ago. Or was he? I blinked my tears away as he reached his hand out and tugged my ponytail. Well, at least that made me comfortable.

“Patawarin mo na kasi si Papa Blake.” He grinned at me with a hopeful expression. I opened my mouth to speak but it seemed like I was at a loss for words. I tried to look behind him. There was no one. There was nothing. Just the garden.  Then, why is he here? I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

Should I forgive him? After everything he said? After hurting me? After he hurt his best friend who also mattered to me? Should I give him another chance and let him blow it again? Should I continue the deal? Should I be his puppet again? Should I play his game? The answer was clear. NO. No, I shouldn’t.

But a part of me wanted to say yes. Yes, I should forgive him. I should give him a chance. I should give myself a chance. I should give ‘us’ a chance.

“Luke…”I started off, trying not to sound so desperate and a cry baby which I really am.“…how’d you know I’m going here?” 

He pointed on his temple and winked at me. Still the overconfident Luke Sy that everyone knows of. “Alam ko lang.”He flashed a peace sign and chuckled.

A smile had managed to make its way to my probably red face as he tugged my ponytail for the second time. He was trying to comfort me, I can say. Luke and I walked out of the garden. And I have no idea why. We found a bench just about 20 feet from the garden entrance and sat on it. He was still chewing the same gum he was chewing minutes ago. And I was staring blankly ahead. There were 2 questions flowing in my mind.

First : should I forgive him?

Second : Why?

I glanced at Luke out the corner of my eyes. Maybe if I ask him about this he’ll give me a great advice. Or maybe not, after all, Luke was still the player type of guy. I was hesitating to ask but words came rambling out of my mouth before I realized it. “Luke, should—“

“Hell yeah! Dabest magmahal si Papa Blake ko no! Hindi yan nanloloko! Saka pagka nagsorry yan, totoo talaga. Problema lang sa kanya, possessive siya at may temper, pero wala na siyang katulad sa mundo. Kaya nga patawarin mo na siya.”

That was a fast answer to an unfinished question, eh? But he was right, Blake really was possessive and tempered. And not like most guys. Heck, he wasn’t most guys. He tapped my shoulder and smiled. There was a knowing look in his eyes that he was happy he actually said something that made sense. I smiled back at him.

“You think so?”

He narrowed his eyes and scooted closer to me.“Oh, I know so.”He smirked at me. See, that was the reason why girls were falling all over the three of them. Their stupid smirks! He stood up and held his hand out. I took it and we walked. Now, where to next? 

I didn’t know where we were going but we’re definitely not going back to the school gym. I didn’t bother to ask but Luke was somehow excited. I can tell by the big grin on his face like a child on Christmas morning has. I had a feeling this was a setup and I shouldn’t have fallen for this one. Damn.