CHAPTER 2

CHAPTER 2

"What the hell are you doing here, you monster?!" I shouted at the top of my lungs. "And pervert!" I added. My eyebrows squashed in irritation, anger and confusion. For Chipe's sake. This is the ladies' room, what's he doing here?! 

“Eh ikaw, anong ginagawa mo dito?" was his stupid, moronic reply. This guy's an ass. A stupid ass. 

“Skydiving. I'm sky diving, right here in the ladies' room. What do you think?!" I rolled my eyes and he did his.  

He walked closer to me and I took a step back. He smirked. "Punung puno na ako sayo ah." I looked down to his clenched fist and for a second, I thought he was going to knock me down with just one thud. Glad, he didn't. 

I sighed and was relieved. He snorted. "And what's so funny?" I asked, puzzled. Is this guy crazy? Laughing when nothing's funny?

"Natakot ka no, Amgirl?" he asked. This guys is hubristic. I would never love anything else in the world but to punch him. And hold on. Hold on a few. What did he just call me? Am-what?! The fork?!

“AMGIRL?!  And what the hellis that, smarty pants?! Is that  new word, huh? Is that what you're gonna name me from now on, douchebag monster?! Huh, pervert?!” My left eyebrow shot up. 

He pointed to himself. “Ako pervert?! Kung alam mo lang, ang daming nagkakandarapa sakin. Alam mo maswerte ka nga na kinakausap kita eh.”

And I pointed to myself too. “Me? You're telling me I'm lucky that you are actually talking to me. You lost your mind. Go find it deep in the ocean." 

He laughed. He laughed. He laughed and laughed and laughed. I glowered even more. And even deeper when he shifted his head closer to mine. What's with this guy? Shifting his head closer and closer to mine whenever we talk? I shot him a warning glance which I hoped his microscopic brain interpreted as : Once I lay my finger on this Nicolle Lee, I am a dead piece of man meat.

But I don't think he did because he even budged his head closer to mine.  

“Just get out of here, you pervert monster! People would see this and—” I stopped when he inched closer.  

“Bakit, tingin mo ba interesado ako sayo? If I know, gusting gusto mo ‘tong mga pangyayari. Ok lang naman kung sabihin mong may gusto ka sakin eh.” 

My nostrils flared and my mouth hung open. What the fuck?! Is he always this egotestical? He really thinks everyone's oh so in love with his pretty face?! Oh for Chipe's sake! This guy was nervy and cheeky and crass and he thinks people are taking him seriously? 

He's just a pretty boy. That's all.  

Closer. 

“Ano bang iniisip mo ngayon, AmGirl?”

I rolled my eyes as I tried to step back a bit. “Stop calling me that!” I complained. 

This is bad. I was cornered. My back was already sticking up the wall and his face was so close, our breaths were mixing in. Out the corner of my eyes, I saw this bag. I reached for it and hit him with it. Ha! He didn't see that coming! I can defend myself, crazy kid! 

“Teka, bag ko yan!” he exclaimed. 

Then I threw the bag inside the nearest cubicle.

PAYBACK TIME, BABY.

“Then it’s all yours.” I said elegantly, a smirk playing on the edge of my lips. 

He looked daggers at me then grabbed my arm and pushed me against the wall, his palms on the wall beside me, effectively trapping me in. I was caught in surprise when he suddenly moved his head to mine. His hot breath was ghosting my face and I know, I could feel it. With just one wrong move, my lips would be meeting his. He sighed, I looked away.