CHAPTER 32

CHAPTER 32

NICOLLE’S POV

 “Can we stay like this forever? I love you. I love you so much, Nicolle. Please, stay for me. Ok?”

When Blake said that to me, I felt like I was the most special person in the world. I felt like the world was just nothing. I felt like Blake really loved me. Blake really loves me.

And I was grateful because the feeling was mutual.

He didn’t let go of me. I didn’t let go of him, too. It was just all I need at the moment. I need Blake. I truly do. Why? Because he was the only one who made me feel like this. Like I’m the most important person in the world; like he could not live without me.

Of course, that was still half wishful thinking.

But does it matter? Right now, I don’t think so.

I breathed in some air and before I unwrap my arms around his waist, I savored the rise and fall of his chest; I savored the fast beating of his heart. I savored the affection that his body radiates.

Finally, after what seemed like eternity just hugging, we let go. He looked me straight in the eyes and asked, “You’re going to stay, right?”

I only nodded. “Yes,” I answered him, confidently. “Of course, I’m going to stay.”

“And you will never forget me, right?”

“I will never forget you.”

“Good.”

He planted a quick kiss on my lips and together, we climbed up the back of his pickup truck. You would say that it was PDA. I don’t think so. We’re in the middle of an inhabited road and nothing—not even cars—passed by. We sat side by side and slowly, his hand crawled through mine, intertwining our fingers which fit flawlessly.

I looked at him and flashed him a smile. He smiled back but not before saying, “Patay na patay ka talaga sa’kin, no?”

I rolled my eyes and, instead of burying my foot down his throat, I only chuckled. “Still a hotdogger, Perez,” I commented at his attitude.

“Not when I was called a fuzzy jujubear.”

We both laughed. Yes, I know, I do know that I was being called a pet name and that I was calling him a pet name. And it was beyond corny—bunny boo, and fuzzy jujubear—but right now, fuck corny. I am enjoying calling him like that. Cut us some slack, alright? It’s not like every day that you’d fall in love this deep and just be overall mawkish.

“I’ve got some confession to make,” he told me out of the blue.

I looked at him in confusion. I shot my eyebrows up, signaling him to continue.

He breathed in. “Noong una kitang makita… uh…” He looked unsure. Heck, he sounded unsure. And those blue eyes—those intense blue eyes that could drown you in just one look— held vagueness and a bit of… well, unease.

He gulped before breathing in again. I rolled my eyes then frowned. “Just spit it out already!” I complained.

He grunted and, with his free hand, scratched the back of his head. Yep, definitely unsure. “Well, kase…” he faltered. I raised my eyebrows sanguinely.

“Kase… basta ‘wag kang tatawa!”

I groaned then rolled my eyes. “Fine! What is it?!” I asked impatiently.

“Wala lang. Ano…” then he chuckled nervously.

I let go of his hand and, yet again, rolled my eyeballs. What the fuck has this guy been smoking?