Side Story : CHAPTER 28

CHAPTER 28

SIDE STORY

(Luke-Samantha-Zelle)

Samantha's POV

Hi, I'm Samantha Perez and in a heap of trouble, I am! 

10 feet away.

I shot him a glance then looked away a split second after. I don't think I can ever look in his eyes again. After what happened? Stars, oh my! It was just something no one would expect; something no one would suspect. It was just so shocking and surprising and revolting and really, really, scary. I didn't know he felt that way. He was not the Luke I knew. The Luke I knew is a player, a happy-go-lucky; someone who wouldn't give a shit even if the world's on fire. 

I looked down to my notebook and my eyes widened a tad with what I have written on it, unconsciously.

Luke Sy.

I ripped the page and stuffed it in my bag. I glanced at his direction again. He was happily talking to Zelle. I counted 3 seconds. 1 2 3 then I looked away. Just another 3 seconds, I thought to myself. 1 2 3. I closed my eyes then opened them again. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10. I bit my lips. Darn. I told myself 3 seconds! 11 12 13 14 15. He turned his head and his eyes caught mine. I gasped a bit then looked away. Panic surged through me. Just sit right down there and shut up, Samantha! 

I groaned internally.

I can't take this anymore! I really wanted to go back to our building and have our private teachers teach us there. Let me clear this. Ok, so, we we’re not really required to attend classes here in this building. The truth is, the four of us: Andrew, me, Luke and Blake, we have our own building, own laboratories, own teachers, own classrooms. And it's all exclusive for the four of us. No other students could enter unless it was a big, big emergency. 

But this year, it was different. Since the breakup of Blake and Tracy, Blake never wanted to go in there. He said he wanted to protect Tracy. Then we ended up attending the regular classes of regular students. And we were using armchairs, not tables, My Stars! Not that I'm complaining, but God! I just want to get away from Luke, that's all. 

Anyway, (I know, I know, I suck at narrating. I'm really no good with words), I hovered my head above the armchair. I inhaled then exhaled. Inhaled then exhaled. I forced myself to think about anything but Luke. Luke. Luke. Luke Sy. 

Myself, I hate!

Shit. Yoda-ing, now I am! 

I stole another glance at Luke and saw him very busy with his iPad. That's when the the teacher for our last period arrived. Great, great. Thanks. Now, I could divert my attention. 

"Good afternoon, class!" our History teacher greeted. I slumped down again on my armchair and closed my eyes.

"Miss Perez, good afternoon!"

"Same to you," I murmured, not really minding if she heard me or not. 

"Miss Perez, please, a little respect here. Naririto na ako. Pwede bang maupo ka ng mahusay, miss?" she asked.

Now, she's annoying me! I groaned and shot her daggers. "What do you want?" I asked her, annoyed.  

My face crumpled into a frown as I studied her features. Wrinkles hidden in too much makeup, ten-year old thick glasses, and nervous smile. A very, very nervous smile. 

"W-wala, Miss," she said nervously. 

"Good," I countered. 

I heard someone chuckle. And I rolled my eyes at Blake's reaction. Why is he chuckling? Wait a minute. Blake's not here. Blake was still in the hospital with Nicolle. I turned my head to the direction and saw Luke looking at me in amusement.