CHAPTER 51

CHAPTER 51

NICOLLE'S POV

I closed the document I was typing when I heard the door to my unit open. Who on earth was that? It can't be Zelle, she went back to Baguio for New Year's. Can't be Andrew, he went out for practice. Can't be Krungy or Luke, I think they were still out since yesterday (Krungy's birthday).

It's either Nick or Blake. 

Those two twin brothers who don't know how to knock. 

"Nicolle!" I heard Blake's voice boom through the den. I turned the computer off then went out to see him. 

"Yeah?" I called as I exited my room. 

He was wearing a smile on his face.  A big big smile that caused excitement to bubble inside of me. "What's going on?" I asked, a smile now emerging on my face. I couldn't help it! His beam was contagious!

He handed me an envelope, but before I could touch it, he pulled it away which made me frown. "Hey!" I complained. 

He shrugged as he handed me the envelope again and for the second time, before I could even lay my finger on it, he pulled it away. This time, he was smirking, which just amplified my ire. Like, wtf?!

"Stop it!" I shouted, growing impatient. 

He just looked around and shrugged again, his smirk growing even more aggravating. "Blake," I warned through my gritted teeth. "Hand me the envelope," I said, each word tight with threat. 

He pouted his lips as he bent his head down towards me. I took a step back as my face contorted in disgust. Ew! It's just so... ugh! I shivered in distaste with what he did. He thinks it's cute?! Kind of... but still! It's freakin' nasty!

"Ew! Blake, get away from me!" I groused as I walked past him to the kitchen.

“Ayaw?” he asked.

When I turned around to face him, he was already inside the kitchen with me. Slowly and teasingly, if I may add, he took what was inside the brown envelope. I rolled my eyes at him. The envelope revealed a piece of white paper which Blake read out loud and slowly and full of emphasis… with matching smirk on his naturally pouty lips.

“To Nicolle Lopez Lee and Blake Pierre Perez. Two plane tickets. Your flight is scheduled on December 27. Have a safe trip to New York. Much love, Jennifer Lee. P.S. I miss you, honey.”

At first, I didn’t know how to react. Should I smile? Or shout? Or jump? I don’t know. The letter… tickets… New York… flight… December 27… today?!

When I finally understood everything, my eyes widened and my mouth hung open. Then I started jumping on the spot, shouting nonstop

“You’re kidding me,” I told Blake as I shook my head, but still I was grinning from ear to ear. “You’re kidding me,” I repeated.

“No,” was all he said.

Finally, he handed me the envelope and the letter. I read what was written on the letter. Blake wasn’t lying. Inside the envelope were two plane tickets. I gasped. God! I… can’t… just… it’s so… ugh!

“BLAKE, WHY THE HELL DIDN’T THEY SEND THIS TO ME?!”  I shouted as I waved the envelope in front of his face.

He put his hands inside his jeans’ pocket as he bit his lip and shrugged “Malay ko. Siguro hindi ka nila pinagtitiwalaan.”

My face dropped in an are-you-kidding-me look. “I’m their daughter,” I reminded him. “And you’re telling me they don’t trust me?”