CHAPTER 22

CHAPTER 22

NICOLLE'S POV

Gasp. 

It was all I got.

The second I opened the door to my unit, with Zelle, Macey and Billy all laughing behind me, my mouth hung open a little too wide. My eyes almost bulged right off their sockets. And my heart, oh my heart. Nothing. Just the normal speed. 

My feet were fixed right on the floor. I couldn't even move. This was just so... shocking.

Exactly, who cleaned my unit?! Because whoever did it, is so dead. I didn’t even give him or her—whatever—the permission to enter my unit! For all I know, maybe he or she—

Hold on a few!

Blake suddenly popped out of my mind. Did he really clean this up? I mean, for Chipe’s sake, the guy couldn’t even clean his own room, let alone, my unit. Or could he?

“Wow,” was the word that brought me back to life. “Who did this?” Macey asked as she thumbed through the room.

“I know, right?” I told her, still skimming the place. I shook my head as I slowly—and dramatically, I should say—walked inside.

Zelle practically ran to the kitchen and she told us she saw, what?! Grocery items? I haven’t been in a grocery store since…

I groaned and looked at Billy and Macey. “I hate Blake.”

We all shared a look and sighed all at once. “You’re gonna have to repay that, right?” Macey asked as if reading my mind.

“That’s a bummer, Nic,” Billy commented, shrugging.

We all sat down the clean couch, looked down the clean floor and just stayed there in the clean living room, with only Zelle’s shrieks of excitement upon the grocery items (she loves food, don’t blame her)  filling in the silence.

“I don’t have money,” I finally said.

And that’s when Zelle came out with a note on her hand. She waved it in front of the three of us—Billy on my right, with his hands behind his head, me in the middle with my hands clutching my cheeks, and Macey on my right, with her arms crossed over her chest—with her eyebrows shot up.

“For you,” she told me, handing the note over.

I took it and read. Rule number four, Nicolle—

Suddenly, Billy grabbed it from me and I scowled at that. “Hey!” I shouted.

“Rule number four, Nicolle,” he read then stopped. He looked at me and narrowed his eyes, questioningly.

“What was that?” Macey asked. I tried to grab the note from him but it was too late since he already handed it to Macey. God, I hate it when they’re teaming up on me!

“Give me it!” I demanded as I tried to grab the note from Macey but, obviously, with Billy snaking his arms around me, I couldn’t even get the tip of my fingertips to touch it.

Macey stood up and walked toward Zelle, who had been looking at me ever since she got out of her sanctuary a.k.a kitchen. I raised an eyebrow at the two girls who were standing about three feet in front of me. They were whispering something at each other, and maybe it was just my imagination, but… were they chuckling?!

I looked at Billy, who was still holding me, and frowned at him. He, too, was keeping himself from laughing. What are these people up to?! And what was written on the goddamn note?! “Let go!” I shouted at Billy.

“Don’t!” Macey and Zelle both opposed. I frowned and shot both of them my best death glare. Macey waved the note in front of my face and that only added to my vehemence.