CHAPTER 13

CHAPTER 13

NICOLLE'S POV 

How long would it take for 10 freaking minutes to actually end? I am itching to go home. My head is aching, for Chipe’s sake!

I was staring right straight at the wall clock stuck on the wall just some inches above the board. I tried to keep myself busy by drawing lines on the back of my history notebook and, hopefully, this will speed time up. I looked again at my wrist watch. 

“8 more minutes,”  I mumbled to myself.

I went back to drawing lines. Well, it seems like an effective way of speeding time up. I shot a sideways glance to my seatmate who was peeking through my notebook. I saw how a ‘what the hell’ face clear on her features. It was Zelle, our new classmate. I stopped drawing circles and the happening during lunch just flashed back in front of me.

I was having lunch with Zelle at a table far away from the center. Perez, Krungy, Andrew and Luke weren’t anywhere to be found since the start of today. I didn’t bother to contact them. They know what they’re doing, they’re not kids anymore, anyway.

So, I was biting my apple when Zelle told me something that disappointed me so much; I have to roll my eyes right in front of her face.

“Jot, hindi ako sasabay sa pag-uwi ha? Pupuntahan ko pa yung Prefect of Discipline eh.”

Ok, let me clear this, I wasn’t disappointed that she’s not going home with me. I was disappointed with the ‘Jot’ thing. She was skype-ing with Vincent the whole night so, yeah. She was kind of infected with Vincent’s virus.

“Well, ok,” I said shrugging it off.

We ate silently, after that. Well, not as silently. There were giggles and laughing fits whenever we caught sight of people.  Yeah, we both hate people and we just cannot help but judge them.

Right after lunch, we went out of the cafeteria and straight to our lockers.  While we are struggling not to push people around who were loitering around the hallways, my eyes caught sight of Perez who was talking to some cheerleader.  ‘Flirtily’ talking. 

“Catch ya later!” Zelle said as she scurried off.  She waved off and went to her lockers.

I took another quick look at Perez who now had his arm hanging on the cheerleader’s shoulder. What the hell?! I was standing in the middle of the hallway, my bag hanging on my shoulder and my hand wrapped around the strap. The more I look at them, the more I tighten my grip on my bag’s strap. And the more blood rush to my head. Now, I’m getting headache.

I noticed my other hand clenching into fist by itself. My nails were burying deeply on my palm and God, I’m hurting myself. I looked away but somehow the view was so hooking. I kept on looking and I felt like a creep or a stalker. My eyebrows furrowed. My head is aching.

Why do I even care?!

I sighed and shook my head. I decided to look away. I went to my locker to get my stuffs. I stuffed my notebook inside my bag and then zipped it close.

Then, I realized, something was different inside my locker. I opened it again and there it was. A pink tulip. Shakily, my fingers found themselves around the tulip’s stem. A smile tugged my lips. It was an introverted smile, but still! My heart started throbbing faster and faster along with my breath and the rapid blinking of my eyes.

I glanced at Perez a bit and wondered if it was from him. I didn’t want to but I hoped and anticipated that this tulip was from Blake. I mean, Perez. I bit my lip and dismissed the thought. I sighed and, with one last smile, I stuffed the tulip inside my locker.