CHAPTER 4

CHAPTER 4

NICOLLE’S POV

My eyelids were still heavy. I had no idea whether or not to go to school today. Who knows what surprise they’re holding for me right? Terrible surprise after what happened at the backgate and the redhead’s visit yesterday. I willed myself to get up. Right, I had to deal with this. I have to face it. Because if I don’t clarify—

Oh, shit!

***

Once I had my ID scanned at the main gate, I took a deep breath. People were already staring right at me probably boring a hole in my innocent face. I plugged my earphones and started making my way to my classroom, with people constantly checking on me. As to why, I didn’t know. Hold on a second… is it possible that—Is he kidding me?

Clenching my fists and biting my lips, I practically ran to our classroom and searched for that monster. I narrowed my eyes once I caught sight of him. He was laughing his ass out talking to that redhead girl and that Lucas? but Andrew wasn’t there. A group of girls were giggling and swooning over the two guys at the backseat, and the boys were stealing glances every now and then to the redhead girl.

I twitched my lips and controlled my fury. Had I not been good in anger management, this monster should be on his knees a second ago. Taking another breath, I walked towards them. “Hey!” I called out as I prepared myself for a battle. Ok, maybe that was a bit exaggerated, but whatever.

“Ui,” he replied, wearing his usual irksome, exasperating, very nauseating smirk. He stood up and faced me fully.

I cracked my knucles. “Come on, let’s take it. One on one. Right now. Right here,” I challenged.

He laughed, quite amuse. “Hindi ka pa rin talaga sumusuko no?” I frowned at him as he moved his head close to my ears “…babe.”

I grabbed the opportunity of grabbing a fistful of hair from his head. He bellowed so loudly and I could hear the laughter of the redhead and the Lucas. He was holding my wrists so he could free himself, or his hair for that matter, but I had enough force to resist it. I whispered in his ear, “I never ever give up.”

Finally, I let go of him and turned my back on him. I’m dropping out of this school, right now. After just about five steps, he grabbed my arm. My eyes widened and, I think, so did the other people’s. Realizing what he did, his own eyes widened. I felt his moist lips on mine. Both his and my lips don’t move. They’re just touching like… but, it’s weird. It felt weird… in a good way. And I should not be thinking about it! He pressed his lips closer but I did not dare kiss him back. This is not a kiss, I thought to myself. It’s just… our lips just met. But it ain’t special as a kiss. It’s just… darn! This is so obviously jarring but frighteningly funny.

Fuck, I’m shocked.

Shock.

Perfect shock.

I was so shocked I could not move a single muscle. I was so shocked I can’t even breathe. His lips didn’t set mine free. Damn it, what am I doing? I should just shove him right now! Just when I was about to push him, he put his arms around my waist, pulled me closer to him then carried me over his shoulder.

What the hell?!

Everyone just stared at us. I was kicking my feet and punching his back but it just doesn’t work. It appeared he wasn’t even hurting. Along the hallway, people kept looking at us, whispering about us and shooting me nasty glances. I did not dare stop fighting until we reach an assembly hall. He put me down at the center of a… platform. As soon as I was free, I gripped the front of his shirt and just before I could poke his eyes out of their sockets, he moved his head to mine. Instinctively, I moved away then stepped back. Never in my life will that happen again!