CHAPTER 40

CHAPTER 40

NICOLLE’S POV

"Blake?"

"Yes?"

"Why do you love me?”

*** 

Blake and I will stay at our home for the day. Obviously, we decided to skip classes today, considering that outside of this gate was our school. Tomorrow, everything will be back to the way it used to be. Rumors. Awkward times with Andrew. And on top of that, I have Blake. I have him again and I don't plan on letting him get away from me this time.

I started walking very slow as I observed the shadows casted by the sun on the concrete floor on the bridge. Blake told me that this bridge was about half a kilometer. Quite long, right? But it really didn’t matter as long as I was walking with Blake.

I shot him a sideways glance and I couldn't help but smile at the sight of him copying my very slow walk. I looked down again to our shadows and noticed that he stopped walking. I frowned a bit, but continued walking in slow motion. Before I could lose sight of his shadow, he caught one of my swinging hands then pulled me to him.

Here we are again. So close. Not that I'm complaining. Of course, I wanted us always to be close but for Chipe's sake! It's not even an hour since that dance thing inside the house. Well, whatever.

I looked up to him as he let go of my hand. "Why I love you?" he said, repeating my question.

I nodded.

"I love your hair." He tucked my hair behind my ear.

"I love your eyes." He looked me straight in the eyes.

"I love your nose." He pinched my nose.

"I love your lips." He touched my lips.

"I love your hands." He took my hand and kissed it.

"I love your cheeks." He brushed my cheek with his thumb.

I felt my cheeks getting hot. Blake was so sweet, I wanted to kick him.

He continued, "But that's not why I love you."

Oh, thanks.

He looked even deeper in my eyes.

"I love your name. I love your scars. I love your sarcasm. I love your violence. I love your voice. I love your coldness. I love your attitude. I love your perspective. I love your spirit."

I blinked rapidly to stop the tears from falling. My heart was beating at a crazy rate and I felt loved. I feel needed.

He loves the name Nicolle when I used to hate it. He loves my scars when they were the marks of m stupidity and clumsiness. He loves my sarcasm when it was the main reason a lot of people hate me. He loves my violence when it was something that made people think I was anti-social. He loves my voice when I didn’t. He loves my coldness when it hurt him a lot of times. He loves my perspective when it was weird. He loves my spirit.

Nobody ever said that to me.

Nobody ever told me that one could love my spirit.

I thought I was just an ordinary person, but then I met Blake. I met the one who loved my spirit.

I suddenly wrapped my arms around his waist and pressed my cheek on his chest. Caught by surprise, he let out a chuckle but hugged me back nonetheless. I knew he could feel the fast beating of my heart just as I felt the steady and calm beating of his. More tears blurred my vision. I smiled and decided to let these tears fall. I didn't care if I was not anymore the tough girl or the ice princess or the grumpy one. I didn't care. Blake changed me. Without knowing and meaning it, Blake changed me. And he changed me for the better.