CHAPTER 54

CHAPTER 54

NICOLLE’S POV

Imagine the control room in the movie Hunger Games.

That’s how this room looks like. Well, not exactly alike, but damn!  This is good. Today is Monday. Second Monday of the year and the first day of classes since the Holiday break. Last Saturday, we arrived here in the Philippines. Blake decided that instead of going to the regular classes, we attend the special classes in the ever special Royal Building. And even if I didn’t agree, who could stop Blake right?

Now, here I am, stepping for the first time inside the main classroom. God! It really is Royal!

“Wow!” I dead-panned.

Blake walked towards his space on the round table and then opened his laptop. “Upo na!” he ordered as his eyes were fixed on the screen.

Since we got home, Blake started being himself again. Bossy. Easily annoyed. Irritating. And just Blake! He also got back in speaking in Filipino which, in my opinion, sucks. I like Blake better in his American accent.

I walked and sat beside him. I opened the laptop in front of me, but before I could push the power button, Blake took my hand violently. I turned my head to face him and frowned at him.

“Hey!” I protested, trying to wriggle my hand free.

He frowned back at me and kept gripping my right hand.

“You’re not wearing your ring!” he shouted angrily before then sniffed.

“Did you catch a cold?” I asked, curious. I tried to observe his face. His nose was red and his eyes were a little sleepy.

Still not letting go of my hand, he said, “Wag mo ngang ibahin yung usapan! Hindi mo sinuot yung wedding ring natin!” He sniffed again.

It took me a few seconds before I fully understood what he was implying. Wedding ring natin.

I remember our fake wedding. That night… New Year’s Eve. Blake and I got married. It was not a real wedding but it doesn’t make it any less special. It was just plain perfect. I mean… my family was there the whole time, watching us.

The ring fit my finger perfectly like Blake measured it. And then the fireworks were just so beautiful. And on the biggest screen on Times Square, Blake and I flashed while we were kissing for the second time that night.

Everything I remember flashed back. When we got back home an hour later, of course, Vincent, dad and mom congratulated both of us. And I was so glad that they were very happy for me.

Blake and I went to our backyard and spent the whole night snowball fighting, laughing, arguing, and just enjoying our first night of engagement.  It’s going to be my year, I thought to myself.

Blake saying he loves me proved just that.

“Hoy nakikinig ka ba?!”

I almost jumped the life out of me at Blake’s shout. He was still grabbing my hand and by the looks of it, he’s angry.

“Kanina pa ako nagsasalita dito! Nakikinig ka ba ha?!”

I shook my head as I blinked rapidly. “What?” I asked.

He looked around then rolled his eyes at me. He let go of my hand and ran his hand through his black hair, messing it up… quite sexily. UGH! Even if he looked so annoyed, he’s still a hundred and ten percent hot. I shuddered inwardly. Damn! Am I drooling over this guy?! I got myself together.

I saw him take out a piece of paper and a marker pen from the drawer beneath the table. He wrote down something on the paper and then took out a tape from the drawer.