CHAPTER 1

CHAPTER 1

You ever felt like you just wanted to punch everyone you see right in the eye?

MAY 25

“Look dad, mom I really don’t wanna go there! I don’t even know the people there. Come on, New York’s my home. Cant you understand that?! Just..please.. let me stay. And besides, you’re not going with me, are you? Is it too hard for you to understand that cannot live alone.

This sucks. Bigtime.

Whatever their reason is, they cannot make me do this. I mean, who on earth would want to leave New York? The place where everything was going well for me. I rolled my eyes and my hands clenched into fists. Dad took a step forward and held my shoulders. My eyes were dropped on the floor, avoiding to make an eye contanct with this evil, very evil persons in front of me. 

 “You have to understand, we cannot just leave the company, ok?”

 "Oh yeah, right. Sorry, I forgot about that little detail," I said sarcastically.

He cannot leave the company. He cannot leave the business. He cannot leave everything but he can leave ME. I looked to my mom with begging eyes, but she just shook her head. I know what that means. 

Not that I'm judging her but what kind of mother is she? I mean, couldn't she look at me for 10 straight seconds and tell me she loves me and she doesn't want me to be away from her for a long time? Can't she? 

Again, she shook her head. And again, I truly understand what that means. 

That means, I'm screwed for life. 

I took a deep, shaky, very frustrated breath as my frown deepened. I spoke, “I can't leave New York too, ok? Do you even know how this makes me feel?! I have the most perfect life here. You can't just send me somewhere I don't know a thing about.”

So, maybe that's kind of exaggerated because I've been there once or twice? Don't really know. But who cares?!

My mom shot me a warning glance. She doesn't like it when I talk back to dad. But hey! It's me we're talking about so I have a say in this. Dad sighed and everyone knows what that is. He just made up his mind. Frustrated, a tear rolled down my cheek, but I was not running away this time. I'll do everything I can to convince them not to send me there. 

Everything. And by everything, I meant kneeling down.

"If I ever did something wrong to you. If I ever did something that disappointed you or made you want to disown me... I swear, I swear, I'll make up for it. Just don't do this to me!"

I tried to cry, but I'm really not much of an actor, so I may have looked like a spoiled brat who throws tantrums because of an ungranted wish. And maybe I do look like that right now. A lump formed in my throat as a light bulb flashed in my mind. Why don't I...

I stood up and held mom's hands. I tried so hard to make more tears vacate from my eyes. "Mom, you're a woman. You know how scared we are from the big bad world. What if some psycho murderer went after me and chop me piece by piece and then throw my chopped body somewhere—"

"You're overreacting, baby. That will never happen to you," says my guy who would not want any other boy to talk to me. Great irony. My God!

 I pulled out my hand from mom's. I tilted my head twitched my lips. My heart was racing in anger and chagrin. "Mom. Dad. I'm serious. Why are you doing this to me?" 

My mom tried to take my hand again but I swerved. My jaw was tight as tight as my fists are. I willed myself to calm down and remember that these guys are still my parents. I took a deep breath and so did mom whos said, “Look, we are just preparing you for your life. You have to be independent.  You’re gonna have your own house, your own everything. Don’t worry, we will visit you…”