CHAPTER 9

CHAPTER 9

If it is legal to murder an alarm clock inventor, I should’ve killed a thousand of ‘em. Things like this ruin the human race. Come on! It took me a long long time to finally sleep for 10 hours. I haven’t slept as much as I wanted to for a while, man! Let me be! Leave me alone!

"Wake up!" I heard Zelle shouted as she hysterically knocked on my door.

Are we late?

Screw it! 

Dragging my feet slowly and lazily, I went to the bathroom and took a bath. I was worried that the shower’s too cold. I mean, taking a bath at 6 in the morning? Only working people do that. Why does school have to start so early? Why?! Can’t they wait for 2 more hours? Students are not robot. Come on, teachers. Think about yourselves too. I can’t put up with this setup anymore. I have to go back to New York like, right now.

I sighed. 

While feeling the cold rain-like water drop on my back, I reminisce once again! New York, snow, streets, lights, friends, life. When will I get you back? It sucks in here. Bigtime. Scratching my face, I yawn at the lady in the mirror who was wearing pink top and jeans and sneakers. School. Now I had to deal with those bitches who keep on shooting me daggers. Not that I give a shit, but it’s kind of bugging me.  

I went to the kitchen where Zelle is cooking hotdogs nonchalantly. “Good morning, sleepy head,” she greeted while settling down a plate of perfectly cooked hotdogs in front of me. I smiled and thanked her.

“4 ka na nakauwi kagabi? Tapos papasok ka pa? Malas mo naman, Nicolle,” she said between guffaws.

I rolled my eyes and drank orange juice. “Wasn’t really my fault I got stuck with Perez,”

“Lagi naman kayong magkasama eh,” she commented as she sat across the island. “Kumusta na kayo?” she asked.

I sighed. “Well, we’re doing fine,” and I am starting hate him less, I wanted to add.

“Alam na ba nina tito?” she asked.

I shrugged “They don’t need to.”

“What? You kidding me?!” Her eyes widened as she stopped biting her hotdog.

I shrugged then shook my head. “We’re gonna end, one way or another.”

Somehow, I was kind of disappointed having to say that. But, I know, I know. It’s true, right? It had to end.  He had to go back to Tracy when the time comes and I had to continue my life like nothing happened. That’s the way it is. That’s why I set rule number five, anyway.

“Hindi kita ma-gets. Napipilitan ka ba kay Blake? I mean, gwapo naman siya. Nakakatawa naman siya. Mabait naman siguro ‘yon.”

I scoffed and almost choked. “What?! You really think—“ I stopped mid-sentence when I heard  the home phone rang. “I’ll get it,” I told Zelle as I stood up to pick the phone up.

“Good morning,” I greeted the caller.

“Good morning, Ma’am. Receptionist po sa front desk. Natanggap niyo po ba ‘yung package?”

“Wait, this is Nicolle Lee. Unit 75 on the third floor. I guess you might have called the wrong number.”

“No Ma’am. Could you please check naman po? Para po talaga sa Nicolle Lee ‘yung package.”

I looked around and raised my eyebrows. “Well, ok, sure.”

“Thank you, Ma’am.” I could almost hear the smile on her face.