CHAPTER 44

CHAPTER 44

NICOLLE'S POV

I was waiting for Andrew here in the cafeteria. Today was Saturday, the results day. And boy was I praying for at least a B- for my Filipino subject. My phone buzzed and the screen flashed Zelle's name. 

Jot, andito na ako sa Baguio.

I hit reply and typed in, K.

Really, I'm not in the modd to make chit-chat with Zelle. Besides, I'm so damn nervous to do so. My phone buzzed once more and this time, I saw Andrew's name. When I opened the message, it was empty. Damn it, Andrew, I told myself. 

But, on the bright side, don't you think this is a happy moment? I never expected Andrew and I to be okay this fast. I mean, after the stuffs and all. And you know what stuffs I was talking about. 

I put my phone back in my bag and drummed my finger impatiently on the tabletop. I could hear the whisperings and murmurs about me but I didn't mind. Guess I was used to the spotlight now. Yeah, and that sounded a bit cocky but whatever. 

When someone called my name, my lips tugged in a smile. I was pretty sure that was Andrew. I turned my head to see him. He was biting his bottom lip as he was walking towards me in a slow manner. 

I rolled my eyes when he reached me. "Andrew, it was only twenty minutes," I informed him. 

He sucked air through his gritted teeth and then smiled apologetically. "Sorry," he said as he shrugged. 

I sighed. "Whatever. So, did Blake tell you anything about not showing up today?"

He nodded. I stood up and we started walking to who-knows-where. "Yeah. He said he's not gonna be around today."

"So, why didn't he tell me?" I questioned, hating the fact that he rejected me in a way. 

He only shrugged. "Anyway, ready to see the results?" he asked. 

I stopped walking. I breathed in then out. "Not quite but—" I stopped myself. “Yeah, come on. Let’s see them.”

He nodded and chuckled. Although, I’m not really sure why he chuckled. Some steps later, he slung his arm around me and I stopped, feeling bit awkward. I bit my lip in shame. Why did you stop, Nicolle?! That’s like insulting Andrew or telling him to back off. And Andrew is a good friend. Nicolle, you stupid bitch! I grunted internally and slapped myself ten thousand times.

“So-sorry,” we said in unison.

He un-slung his arm around me and I only looked at him remorsefully. “No, I-I’m sorry for being rude.”

He waved his hands dismissively. “No. I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have done that.”

I frowned. “No, I’m sorry, Andrew. Really. That’s—what I did is really, I mean, really defending.”

He tilted his head and I tilted mine with the realization of my mistake. “I mean, offending,” I corrected.

He sighed. “No. I know. I know. But—you’d feel awkward and I shouldn’t have done that.”

“No, really, Andrew. I apologize.”

“No. I apologize, Nicolle.”

“I said I’m sorry, okay? It’s my fault!” I said, raising my voice.

He scoffed. “No, it’s my fault!” he roared, catching everyone’s attention.

“Why don’t you just call it a truce?!” someone shouted.