CHAPTER 30

CHAPTER 30

NICOLLE'S POV

The kiss was so full of respect.

His soft, slightly wet lips softly grazed mine and I felt like I was in Cloud Nine because at the time… all of the world faded away. With just one kiss, everything seemed so insignificant.

His hand went behind my head and the other one was wounded around my waist. The kiss went deeper and along with the depth came more honor and fear and affection.

And I love it that he made me feel that way.

I love him million times more than anything.

When he pulled away, he rested his forehead against mine and with the little space between our mouths, our breaths mixed in. Yes, we were breathless. I looked at his blue eyes (I told him not to wear contacts again) and saw how he was so hungry and satisfied at the same time.

But I know Blake respects me a lot and he wouldn’t dare go further than the kiss.

My heart was going crazy. Blake kissed me underneath the pouring rain.

It was beyond momentous.

It was everything.

I tried to breathe in as much air as I can. He moved his hands to cup my cheeks while mine were hanging by my sides the whole time. Slowly, his straight nose brushed my cheekbones. It caused a lot of friction. It caused a lot of friction that it sent tiny needles everywhere his skin touched mine. I was electrified at how this guy is good in making me feel so special.

And yet, I was so scared that this might not be for real; that this might not be for forever.

What if Tracy gets in the way again and this time Blake thought that it was enough with me. That he doesn’t love me anymore? What if that day comes and all I could do was just slump down the corner of my room and cry until my eyes were all sore and my cheeks were puffy?

What can I do if I suddenly lose the only guy I loved and hated this much? What will I do?

As if feeling my uncertainty, Blake whispered something that would take my breath away. “I love you million times more than anything.”

I nodded and before I knew it, the very same words escaped from my lips. “I love you million times more than anything.”

He closed his eyes and breathed in the air we were sharing and then that’s when we heard someone applauding. I know we were both disappointed but hey, we could not make out in front of my brother now, could we?

Yes, you read that right, my brother was watching us and I tried so hard to control myself.

I swear I tried so hard.

“That was disgustingly romantic,” he told us, mocking a gagging noise. Beside him, one of the triplets was holding an umbrella to shield both of them from the rain.

One or two or three? I really don’t know who the girl was. “We brought an umbrella. Won’t want you to catch cold,” she said, amusement flowing through her voice.

And I just had to roll my eyes playfully.

Meanwhile, Blake’s arm tightened around my waist as he and Vincent were having a staring contest. Right, people thought that this staring freaking contest is cool and all that but for me, it was just way too creepy. And an obvious way to show that you are planning to murder your competitor.

“That’s my sister,” Vincent told him before adding, “Dumbass.”

He enunciated the last word properly.