Chapter 22: Christmas

COLTON'S POV

*One Week Later*

Caitlyn and I have been at home while our parents have been at the hospital. Our uncle is showing no signs of getting better or worse, which is kind of good I guess.

But, today is Christmas Eve so we're all spending the night in the hospital as a family. We decorated my Uncle's room with a mini Christmas tree and hung Christmas lights around the room. Somehow, we all managed to fit in the room. Some of us brought sleeping bags, the hospital let us use a few cots. The little kids were excited, "a big sleepover" as they called it.

It was almost midnight and the little kids were asleep since Santa was coming tonight. We all sat in the room, on our phones or having quiet conversations. All of a sudden, we heard a groan and all looked at each other. No one was confessing to the sound.

We heard another groan and all turned towards my uncle.

"E-Eddie." My aunt Liz spoke, standing up and walking towards her husband. All of a sudden, he started coughing and choking on his breathing tube.

"He's awake!" My aunt screamed, pressing the button to call the nurse. Everyone on the floor moved out of the way so the nurse had a clear path.

"What's going on?" The nurse asked.

"He's awake." My aunt said, tears rolling down her face. The nurse rushed over and stood beside him.

"Mr. Biersack, I need you to relax so I can get this breathing tube out of your throat." The nurse explained. She got him to calm down enough so that she could get the tube out. She checked some of his vitals and then turned to face my Aunt Liz.

"Well, it's a Christmas miracle. It looks like he is going to recover." She said and we all cheered. My aunt rushed over to my uncle and hugged him tightly, sobbing. Another nurse brought in a cup of ice chips and set it on his tray before leaving.

"Eddie." My aunt said, grabbing his hand.

"Liz." My uncle smiled, squeezing her hand. She started crying harder, a huge smile on her face.

"I thought I was going to lose you."

"You'll never lose me babe."

"I better not." She said. She stepped away and my grandparents walked up. My Grandma Alex hugged her son tightly and started to cry.

"You scared us." My Grandpa Brandon said.

"What happened?" My uncle asked.

"You were shot." My Uncle Eli said.

"Oh yeah." He said, rubbing his wound. "How long was I out?"

"A week." My mom said.

"It's Christmas Eve." My Aunt Danielle said.

"Wow." He said. 

"Speaking of that, it's midnight, you guys need to get to sleep." My dad said to the kids who were still up.

***

Somewhere in all of the excitement I fell asleep. I was woken up by the little kids who woke everyone up at seven am. I sat up and saw some people were in the chairs, some on the floor, some in cots and of course, my Aunt Liz was sleeping in the bed with my uncle.

Soon, everyone was awake and my aunt woke up my uncle. Him and his kids had a reunion, his kids still oblivious to the fact that their dad almost died. The small Christmas tree had presents piled around it and we gave the job of passing the presents out to Shane who was just learning to read. We all opened our presents and just spent the entire day hanging out with each other.

***************************************************************************************

Yay! Eddie's awake!

Listening to The Bitter End~ Falling In Reverse

15 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER (NO SPAM)