Getting To Know The Truth

As soon as Maayon reached Kolli Hills, he was shocked to see the huge statue of Theeya. People there called her ‘Kolli Paavai’. People there worshiped her with all their heart. He could not believe how this had happened even after his sister gave them a new life. He got angry at those people who were ungrateful for the help that his sister had done to them. Poor him, he didn't know the curse his sister put on these people.

“I am new here! Who is this statue?” He introduced himself to one of the tribe men and asked him about the statue. “Why are you all worshiping her?”

“She is our moon goddess! It is because of her, we are living a life filled with happiness. She gave us powers and peace.”

“She did?” Maayon asked them pointing to the statue. He could not understand anything.

“Yes! If you want further details ask our tribe leader!” They showed him a hut. He walked to the hut and he was welcomed with wide smiles.

“I want to know about your kolli paavai,” Maayon asked the husband and wife who were living there at the time. They were the descendants of Amaran and his lycan wife.

“There are some disturbing stories behind it, ayya. We didn't want to panic our clan. So we hid the details. Only our family and the elders in our clan know the true stories. The kolli paavai is my ancestor's wife. When our ancestor Amaran was hurt fatally by a wolf, Kolli paavai wailed in pain. A god came down from the sky with a soft glow of the moon and gave her blood to Amaran and saved him by turning him into a Lycan. The god fell in love with her creation but Amaran was already taken. Kolli Paavai could not see her husband falling in love with the god. With a help that presented itself, Kolli Paavai mixed a herb in the food of the god and tried to send her away for good. But the god gave us a curse that Amaran would never have a love partner and if he does, our whole tribe would be destroyed. She then turned our Kolli Paavai into a bird and took her along with her.” The man in the house said to Maayon but Maayon felt like the world was slipping under his feet.

Maayon could not believe that his sister used her blood to create a new species called Lycan. From the tribe leader at the time, he got to know that the wolf of Amaran was a huge pitch black wolf. The tribe leader told him that after some years, Amaran married another lycan and had babies. He learnt about Amaran’s journey in search of a solution.

“He came back after a few years. But his kids were all dead and his grandkids were all in their early 50’s when he came back. Everyone was astonished by his appearance. He was just the same as when he left here to search for answers. He built the huge Kollipavai statue here and asked us all to worship her. He died of old age! We think that the curse died with him. We did not want our people to live in panic so we don't talk about the curse anymore.” The tribe leader told him. Maayon could understand that Amaran went through portals to other worlds to find answers. He then knew what he had to do!

“No matter what, I would not let the black wolf emerge again!” He told himself.

The very fact that his sister had taken Theeya along with her disturbed him so much. They haven't killed each other, that is for sure. There were no natural disasters anywhere in the universe that indicate that they are still alive. Maayon got angry at Kaalan and himself.

“What the hell was he doing when all this happened? If at all I stayed here without listening to him, I would have saved my sister from another heartbreak. I would have stopped her from taking Theeya with her.” He thought. “Where the hell is Kaalan?” He asked himself and went in search of Kaalan.

“Ayya! That is Madhi Mayakki Vanam. If you step in, you will lose your memory. You can never come out.” one man from the tribe who was stationed there to stop anyone trying to go in told him.