The Memory Bank

“Move a little!” Adhiyan came back to his senses when a little troll dashed his legs with his wheel barrow. He understood that he was blocking the way and moved away making way for the little troll to do his business.

“Sorry!” Adhiyan muttered and the little troll looked up at him while dumping his barrow’s contents into the well.

“It’s ok. My name is Pavazham. Shall I touch you?” He asked Adhiyan and Adhiyan sat on his knees to get to his height. He forwarded his hand to the troll and the troll hesitantly touched his hands.

“Your eyes glow like fire. A pinkish orange glow just like a gem Pavazham. Maybe that is why you are named Pavazham!” Adhiyan initiated the conversation.

“I am made of Pavazham. All the rock mountains here are made of gems. Earth had a handful of gems. But across the multiverse, there are thousands of gems.” The troll answered.

“Oh! But how do you know this detail? Karumpalingu didn't even know what sleep means!”

“You should not tell this to anyone.” The little troll told Adhiyan and Adhiyan nodded his head. “Me and my friends know how to see through the memories of the souls. We will see them when we bring them here.” The troll whispered in Adhiyan’s ears.

“But why are you so secretive about it? are you not supposed to look at them?”

“No! We are not supposed to look into the memories. All we have to do is collect them and take it to the sorting hall and bring it here after sorting is done. Putparagam says if we look into the souls' memories, we are tainting ourselves.”

“Then why are you doing it?”

“Just a curiosity. We have already reached light. Nothing can harm us anymore. What harm could this curiosity do to us?” Pavazham asked Adhiyan.

“So no big trolls here know that you little trolls are sneaking into the souls?”

“Mhum! No one!” The little troll said with his fiery eyes sparkle. It made Adhiyan smile.

“Who taught you all about how to see into the memories?”

“Only trolls work here, Adhiyan. But sometimes, Siddars from many different worlds visit us after they willingly leave their physical body to reach light. They call it ‘Jeeva Samadhi’. But for some reason, Eternity doesn't take them in with it. Eternity gives them immense freedom. They come and go as they please. No one here has the authority to question them. One such Siddar taught us this trick.” The little troll said proudly.

“I see! So the other figures working inside the well are all siddhars?”

“Yes!”

“Your leader told me that he is waiting for a siddhar to come to find ways to send me back to the land of living. But there are at least four siddhas working here. Why can’t he ask them?”

“Putparagam is not our leader. He is a respectable old man who is ready to become one with nature. He has two trustworthy siddhar friends. I think he is waiting for one of them to come. He will not talk to any of them in the well.”

“Oh! But can I talk to them?”

“I don't think you are allowed to go in there.”

“Alright. I think I have to go back to Karumpalingu. Maybe he can take me to the siddhars.”

“Hmmm, maybe!” said Pavazham and walked away with his barrow.

Adhiyan knew from where he had seen that figure. The one with elongated ears and unclosed nostrils. He was with his great-grandpa Niranjan. He had seen him working amongst a pile of large leaves with golden inscriptions on it in the ‘Trava Logam’ where Niranjan took him to harness the power from the ‘Thiraimaram’. Though he visited that place in his subconscious mind, he clearly remembered his face.