The Babies!

Maayon and Kaalan left the palace and went to the gates of the compound. Kaalan took him to the injured man whom Thuriga let go. 

“What the hell happened? I just asked you to make way.” Maayon yelled at Kaalan.

“I thought of attacking her while she least expected it. But I never expected this.”

“Shut up! How many men did we lose?”

“74!”

“Idiot! She is my mom. She is a cunning woman and just now Netra told me about her vicious plans. We have to make plans and strategies to take on her.” Maayon expressed his disappointment in Kaalan. 

“What happened? Who attacked you?” He asked the injured man.

“It was all good when we entered the forest. But suddenly, the place became so dark to see. The moons were masked by dark clouds. They weren’t equipped. We had a good chance of winning until we heard that howl.”

“Howl?” 

“Yes! With a little I could see, it was a black wolf. It was huge. It just went berserk on our men.”

“Adhiyan! How the hell did he go there?” Maayon talked to himself and his doubts were directed towards Netra. He believed that Netra somehow diverted him and sent her husband to Isfe for his safety. The loss of his men didn't let him think straight. He got angry and went straight back to the palace to confront Netra. 

In the palace, 

Netra and Senthalir walked back to Netra’s room. Senthalir was deeply wounded by how Netra talked about her childhood. She never wanted to leave her child alone. All she wanted was a baby and the baby’s safety. When she heard her daughter’s longing for parents’ love, Senthalir's heart wrenched.

“I am so sorry, Netra. I had no control over my life so far and I was ok with it until it didn't harm me. But now, I feel so ashamed of it. I must have done something to reach you. I was so weak. Even though there was no one minute of my life that I didn't think about you, I didn't do enough to get to you.” She told her daughter.

“Amma, please. I didn't say that to hurt you. Actually, I had Sivagami paatti to take care of me all my life. I had longed for you and dad when I was a little girl. I didn't understand why I had only Sivagami paati while my friends had a mom, dad and siblings and relatives. But as I grew, I understood things. I was content in my life. I never wanted a mom or a dad then. After Sivagami paati, I went to Kolli hills and met Dyan! He is a complete package. The days we were together were very little. But he filled the void in me. It is like I was just a lump of flesh until I met him and he was my heart! He made me whole and lively! But again, your husband has to ruin it all. Dyan is my everything. I don't need you or your husband. I just need my Dyan!” Netra told her mom straight on her face.

“But that doesn’t mean I hate you. It just means that I love him more than anyone else. I am sorry if what I say hurts you but that is just the plain truth.” She added when her mom’s face was crushed in hurt.

“It’s ok, Netra. As a mother, I never had been with you all your life and expecting love from you is too much.” Senthalir said, trying to control the tears that threatened her to fall out.

“Amma, you are my mother. There is nothing that would change the fact. I am just glad that at least now we get to spend some time together. My kids would grow up with their grandparents' love and care. That is all I would like to think about now.” Netra spoke. 

“Amma, I think I am getting contractions.” She said laying on her side on the bed.

“Hanuma!” Senthalir shouted in panic and Hanuma came running into the room. “Bring some hot water. Bring Nalan. Quick!” She hurried her and Hanuma ran out.