His Mate!

For you vesinwin

Netra and Kothai came along with Maayon into the nursery where Ellavan and Paari were kept. As soon as Kothai saw Ellavan she ran to his side. She sat on the bed near his head and caressed his head. She touched the wounds on his shoulder and arms. She caressed his cheek with shedding eyes. Netra touched her shoulder to bring her back to her senses.

“He is not Kathiravan. He is Ellavan.” She said hurriedly. Kothai looked up at Netra and gave her a mysterious smile.

“He is my mate, Netra. Names don't matter, I know my mate. He is mine and I am his. This bond between us is eternal.” She said that made Netra retract her hand from her.

“I am not Kothai anymore. Kothai was dead along with Kathiravan. He needs me, Netra. This new body is made for him. This soul has always belonged to him.” She said pointing towards Ellavan when Netra looked at her in shock.

Maayon came and took Netra to Paari giving the most wanted privacy between Ellavan and Kothai. 

“But this seems so wrong,” Netra told her dad.

“The bond between Kothai and Kathiravan broke when their bodies were destroyed,” Maayon explained.

“But aren't bonds made with the soul?”

“Exactly. That is why Ellavan and Kothai are mates now. Their bodies don’t matter.”

“But then, Kothai athai should have felt the mate pull with both Ellavan and Kathiravan uncle. Is it not?”

“True, kothai must have felt the pull between both of them. But she must have picked the strongest pull.”

“Then what about that mate that was fated to Ellavan uncle?”

“She died a long time ago. When she rejected Ellavan, the mate bond never formed, leaving Ellavan mate-less. This is like giving Ellavan his life back in this same life.” Maayon said with relief. He felt like his daughter set-right one of his mistakes.

“At Least call her with a different name,” Netra said defeated.

“We will call her Anastasia. A Greek word meaning resurrection.” Maayon said and Netra looked at him with astonishing eyes.

“I know almost all languages in this universe, Netra. Now go and see your friend.”

“Paari!” Netra went near her friend who once helped her.

“Netra!” Paari looked at her with painful eyes.

“Are you alright? Does it hurt you somewhere? How is Gurmeet? Are you keeping her happy?” Netra bombarded him with her questions and all Paari could do was take deep breaths to get himself ready to talk.

“I lost Gurmeet. I think she is under the control of your grandma and Theeya. She has the chalice. I am scared for her life, Netra. She is 7 months pregnant. Help me save my wife.” Paari cried in agony.

“Don't worry, Gurmeet is a strong girl. She will come to us without any harm. I am so happy for you guys, Paari.” Netra though shocked by the news, stayed emotionless. All she wanted to do right now is to kill Isfe to avenge her husband’s death and now she had another reason to kill her. To save Gurmeet and her baby!

“Where is Adhiyan? Call him. I want to see him. We all miss him. He will for sure help me find Gurmeet.”

“Take rest, Paari. We will find Gurmeet once you are up and ready.” Netra tried to stall giving him the truth for she thought that would delay his recovery. Isfe is hiding from her and now she needs all the help she can get.