The Escape!

Isfe’s soul wandered straight down to the basement where she saved her body but her soul was confused to see the ice broken. Without her body, her soul was lost and it made her soul panic. She felt the presence of her body under the water and her soul flew towards her body.

Iraniyan and his pod were in complete confusion. The sudden change in the seas, the agitation of the ground under the sea, the ocean currents were all over the place, the sea creatures were in chaos, and everything made his pod fear for their lives. The monstrous sea creatures that usually live in the deepest waters were forced to come out due to the earthquake underwater.  They are a threat to the merpeople’s existence.

“Iranya, we must go out and see what is happening, this is not good. We should have heard back from Adhiyan now. But he is not contacting us. This drastic change could only be made possible by Netra or Maya. It means they are upset. Holding Isfe’s body any longer is too risky.” Mathsya, a mermaid told him.

“I know. Let’s do plan B. Let's find the mosasaurs and feed this body to it. Isfe should never find this body.” Iraniyan said to which everyone in his pod agreed.

“Dhimi, you come along with me. Mathsya, you are in charge. Keep everyone safe in this cave. Don't come out until everything settles down.” He ordered and went out of the cave with Dhimi dragging the body of Isfe.

“Why do you think Adhiyan did not return as he told us?” Dhimi asked him and Iraniyan looked at him with sad eyes. His memories took him some hours ago when he finally met Adhiyan, the other part of his soul! 

***

When Adhiyan took off from the hut with the map of his tattoo, he went straight to the outer circle of the huts from where the fruit trees are grown in clusters looking like a forest. He sat under a tree looking at the glowing insects on the leaves. His mind was all over the place but he knew that his loyalty lies with Netra. He looked at the bloody impression of his tattoo.

It was all intricate designs with no meaning before but legitimate hieroglyphic images now. He didn't know where to start. He started from the head of the wolf but he could not follow up and so he looked at the tip of the tail. He kept seeing three images here and there all over the tattoo. An image of a man, an image of two similar-looking women but one had beautiful blue eyes and the other didn't. For some reason, Adhiyan thought that the woman with beautiful eyes was Theeya and the other was Maya or Netra. And surprisingly, Theeya’s image was more in his tattoo than of Maya’s.

The love that he saw in Thuriga’s eyes, her eyes never lied. It was true love. It was just the same way Netra would look at him. For a man madly in love with his mate, he could tell Thuriga was genuinely in love with him. He closed his eyes and leaned against the tree trunk in uncertainty. 

Visions of him being in love with Thuriga flashed in his closed eyes. They laughed together, they slept under the stars in each other’s embrace. The times kept changing, and their appearances kept changing but their love remained the same. So many lives of togetherness. 

Adhiyan started sweating while the visions changed. He saw Netra and him together. All the visuals Thuriga showed him, it was not Thuriga but Netra or Maya. He practically grew with Maya. He fell in love with her while Thuriga was with him. 

‘I fell out of love with Thuriga? I threw Thuriga away for Maya’s love? After so many years of togetherness! How could I do that? She wants me back and that was why she had been creating problems!?’ Adhiyan thought but his head started pounding and his visions seemed never ending.

The visuals continued showing him how berated Thuriga felt when he was with Maya. Her cries churned his heart. He could not believe that he was responsible for a woman’s heartbreak. He was devastated to know that his change of heart gave birth to millennials of chaos.