The Other Side

Maayon’s PoV

After almost two hours of search, we still could not find Netra. This is not good. If she is not inside the compound, she must have gone outside. I called all my militia people to venture out of the compound to search for her. I made a terrible mistake taking out the ring from her. If at all she had it with her now, I could have talked to her. I thought seeing those things will accelerate her memory to remember things soon. How the hell did she get out!

“Thalir!” I went to her room! She needs to know that our daughter is not in the house. I have to take her wrath now. I robbed her of the opportunity to see her daughter. 

“Ranjan!” She came running to me. She hugged me tight, crying.

“Thalir, relax. Why are you crying? Don't worry, we will find her soon.”

“Find who?” she asked me looking up at my face. I thought someone had already told her about Netra. But no, she is crying for something else.

“That’s nothing. Why are you crying!?”

“I talked to our daughter. Ranjan, she mind-linked me!” 

“But that is not possible. She hasn't seen you. How could she mindlink you?”

“No, Ranjan. You are wrong. She has seen us. Both of us.”

“No way, Thalir. There is no trace of us on Earth. After our exile, everything that belonged to us was thrown in fire. That includes our pictures.”

“On that day when you took me here, I placed a picture of us together in the dress she was wearing. Netra said Elder Sivagami showed our picture to her on her deathbed. That was how she linked me.”

“When did she talk to you?”

“Some hours ago.”

God, I was right. As soon as she regained her memory, she flew out. 

“Netra is missing, Thalir!”

“I want her, Ranjan. I want to see her. I cannot lose her again. Bring her to me.” She growled and her eyes changed color. It has been years since her wolf surfaced. 

“Relax! I will bring her soon!” I told her. Thalir regaining her wolf is a good thing. It will be her defense. But I should make sure to stay away from her wolf.

“Can you connect to her?” I asked her for which she threw daggers in my way.

“How could I when I don't even know what my daughter looks like now? It was all because of you, Ranjan. Your deception is the root cause of everything, even now you are not ready to tell me the truth. From the people here, I know that this is your fight. Even they don't know the full picture. Why did you bring us in your problem? You separated my baby from me. You tricked me and I don’t know why my stupid heart still loves you. The very thought of hating you gives me pain. But you have no problem lying to me. What kind of creature are you?” She pounced on me changing into her wolf. That was unbelievable. She had no problem transforming into her wolf even after so many years. 

“Thalir!” I tried to dodge her huge paws. But she scratched my arm, making a gash. Just after she saw blood on me, she retreated. And changed to her human self. 

“God, what have I done!” She whined as she fell on the floor naked. 

“It’s nothing, Thalir. It's ok.” I ran to her and scooped her from the floor. I laid her on the bed and covered her body with the blanket. I kissed her on her forehead and was about to move when she clutched my hand in hers.