The Anger and Agony

Iraniyan badly wanted Kayalvizhi’s support but she confined herself to fear of facing him. Iraniyan felt like he was betrayed by Kayalvizhi. He thought that she was so selfish that she hid behind the veil of fear even at his worst times. When all he needed was her embrace and comforting words to heal his wounds, she stayed away from him. She didn’t even visit him after his parents’ demise. 

“Maybe she wants you to go and visit her, Iran. I cannot just see you in despair. There should not be any ego between mates. Go and see her, Iran. Talk to her. You might feel better.” Theeya told him. It was her sugar-coated way of keeping them apart and it worked a little too well. Iraniyan thought that Kayalvizhi wanted him to go to her even after everything he had lost in the process of being together with her. That made her an aversion to him.

On the other hand, Kayalvizhi was completely shut down. She cut herself from the lively world outside her cave. The once heavenly place now seemed hell to her without Iraniyan. The news of Iraniyan and Theeya being together was told to Kayalvizhi by her friends and she thought that she had lost him forever. Though she was not with him, the minute he stepped up as king, she became his queen. 

“He betrayed you. He sinned your marriage by being with her. He never cared for you, Kayal. You are not getting him back. What are you going to do?” One of her friends asked her.

“All I did was love him with all my heart. I did everything to be with him and he never understood my feelings.” She said with dried eyes. 

“Don’t back down without a fight.”

“Fight? I don't want him anymore. I can never be placed in a spot where Theeya was in." Her face showed evident hate for Theeya. The minute she thought that he cheated on her with Theeya, she thought all her love vanished in a poof.

“While you are sulking in pain and sadness, they are happily ruling our people. You are officially our queen. You have equal rights for our people. Don't let them be happy.” With her friends wrong information and her distrust in his love, she decided to wage war against the king. She acted purely on vengeance. All the hatred on Theeya and anger on Iraniyan clouded her eyes and mind. Everything that followed would have been changed if she went to visit him once, just once!

“She is getting ready to wage a war against you, Iran. This is not good for our people or our kingdom. Leave your ego aside. Go and talk to her. Bring her to the palace. Reign our kingdom with your mate. This war is a waste of energy and lives. Don’t let her do this. Go and talk to her, Iran.” Theeya told him like adding fuel to the fire. 

“She has no trust in me, Theeya.”

“Trust should be earned. What did you do to earn her trust?”

“I love her. Even after everything, I love her with all my heart.” He said that drew blood from her heart. 

“Then show her that.” she managed to tell him.

“But…”

“Her friends are misguiding her. She thinks that we have an affair. She thinks that you are cheating her with me. Talk to her, Iran.”

“That is all the more reason to stay away from her. How can love exist when there is no trust? She is not worthy of my love.”

“Maybe. But a war is not the right solution. Fighting with your wife is not a very noble thing to do.”

“Huh, alright. Come with me, Theeya. We will go together and stop her from this madness.”

“But I…”

“Please, Theeya. You have been nothing but a wonderful friend to me. You have been on my side in my darkest days. You have guided me in my hard times. You made me who I am now. I need you now.”