Kill Him!

Maayon’s PoV

“And then what happened? Did we marry?” Thalir asked me with twinkling eyes.

“Haha we did!”

“Did you find the cure? Did we have children?” 

“Nope! I still couldn't find the cure, Thalir! I think it is irreparable. They were not supposed to drink the Amirtham just like that.”

“Then, what happened? Did I die?”

“No! You found a way to take your soul out of your body.”

“So I did die!”

“Haha in earthling’s language, yes! You did die. Your soul left your body and I buried you!”

“So then I was rebirthed as ‘Me’?” She asked me pointing towards herself. She is so cute and I just can't get enough of her. I placed a soft kiss on her cheek and admired her crimson cheeks. I drew patterns on her cheek and ears with my finger and she swatted my hands away.

“Pch, should I not touch you?”

“You can!” She said looking down. 

“Oh my! We are husband and wife and we have been living together for years now! Are you still shy with me?” I asked her unbelievably but yet I love that blush she brings out for me! Just for me!

“Shhh, get on with the story!”

“Haha, it is not a story, sweetheart! It is our life! And yes, you were rebirthed as Senthalir on earth after many thousand years!”

“Why? Why that long? What were you doing all those years? Did you have other mates?” She asked me a string of questions with a mixed emotion of sadness, anger and possessiveness.

“You are my only mate, Thalir. I stayed alone for a very long time until I saw you again.”

“Why did I take my life?”

“Because you wanted a baby!”

“And how did me dying help that cause?” She asked me sarcastically.

“Haha, you are so cute, Thalir. We lived happily for some years but when all my family kept multiplying and we were still the same, you started to avoid me in thoughts that I would go away from you and look for another girl.” I said for which she hugged me tight.

“Sorry!” She said in a little voice. She was feeling guilty for something she doesn't even know she did! How good can she get?

“Shhh, I love you! But when you realized I will not stop loving you, you asked me for a promise to let you go in search of a way to break out this cursed body. I agreed for your satisfaction and you ventured out to all the different covens in search for the right thing to do. That is how you came back with this knife!” I showed her the knife that was enclosed within the wall of my room. 

“Huh! You have secret chambers in the walls?” 

“Yes, sweetheart. This is very precious.” I showed her the ‘soul-snatcher’. She looked at it with wide eyes. The knife is curved at the tip and has a hollow bulb-like handle. 

“What is this? It looks like the galaxy.” She asked me, pointing at the bulb.

“That is the soul!” I told her looking at the blue glittery dust in the bulb.

“Mine?”

“No, silly! Yours is already in your body! This is Kothai’s! This knife is to capture the soul. Whoever is killed by this knife, we can store their soul in this bulb for as long as we want. Every soul that escapes to space is reborn somewhere. If we don't want someone to come back from the dead, we must kill them with this soul-snatcher.”