The Crystal Cave!

Netra’s PoV

It took my everything to stop me from mind-linking to Dyan. I am worried sick for him but I can never show it out or even think about it in my mind because my dad could read my mind just fine with the ring that he had given me. I put him in danger deliberately. Even though I asked the raptor to fight him without fatal injuries, I still feel terrible about doing that to him. I have my full confidence in Dyan. There is no one in this wide universe who would understand me better than Dyan. Even when I hid things from him back on earth, he trusted my instincts and had come here to rescue me. He never questioned me for the bad choices I made but accepted everything I threw on him. I just hope his trust in me will let him understand my actions even now. I prayed to the force of this nature to let him hang onto the trust a little longer.

“Netra! Call them back. We need Dyan!” My father told me when he realized what was happening. 

“Oh, he is a warrior, dad. He will be alright. He should know how to control his impulses.”

“I just can't believe you are taking my side.”

“Who said I did? Dyan has all rights to be mad at you and I will never come between your fights. I am worried for my mom and I know Dyan a little too much. You were just dodging his attacks instead of fighting him. I know Dyan can harm you if the fight continues. That was why I let the raptor stop your fight.”

“Netra, I am not your enemy here. Trust me, I would never harm you. You are my daughter.”

“A daughter you planned to give birth on the right time for your greater goals.” I corrected him.

“Maybe I did. But that doesn’t mean I love you any less.”

“Oh of course you love me. How can you not when I am supposed to be your power bank!” I spat right at him. I have to maintain my act. There is no way he would believe me if I just act all lovey-dovey with him all of a sudden. 

“Power bank? That is ridiculous. I know you met your grandma…”

“Save it. I don't trust any of you except my mom. She believes in you and that is the only reason I am going to stay with you. I am tired. I want to rest.” I told him and he immediately took me back to the palace. 

“You will learn things on your own, Netra. You will have more chances to doubt me if I try to explain the series of events. But when you learn it yourself, you will be better off. Also, you are a god! You don't need saving or protection this time.” He said and left me in my room.

Everything is very complicated. The truth is I cannot trust anyone except Dyan but he is in danger. My dad wanted to stop Dyan from being born for so many centuries now. When he failed to stop his birth, he let the hell loose on the Lycans on earth. I cannot have Dyan anywhere close to my dad. My dad thinks that Dyan is the death of his sister. So at any rate, my dad would want to kill Dyan and I cannot have him killed.

I should find another way to save Maya without endangering Dyan’s life. For that to happen, I should make the people who cursed her take the curse back. My grandma has four of them in her captivity. I must find the other two and ‘The Chalice’ that they talked about. My memories took me back to that day when I met my grandma’s prisoners in that crystal cave.

***

“So you were the ones that killed my grandpa and tried to kill my grandma and my family? You are the ones that banished my aunt Maya from her home! You are the starting point to all the catastrophe that followed! Your greed and impatience! This punishment serves you right!” I told them and turned to walk out but was stopped by that very long serpent.